Quantcast

Please add the DirecTV Now app

matty032

I agree that a DirecTVnow app should be developed ASAP "even if only in beta form" to allow LG OLED TV owners maximize their TV usage rather than going to a 3rd party devices outside of the webOS interface. Once the app is developed I would NOT need a ChromeCast or FireStick anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have WebOS 3.0 on my TV and need an ugly ROKU device and a second remote to control DirectTV Now.  Makes me want to go to Sling Because my WebOS already has that app built in... but i lose local channels!

LG, please fix!  Shoot, hire me and i'll help write the code.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like my Direct TV Now. I am in the market for another new smart TV. However, if this app doesn't get added, I'll be getting something other than an LG, cause I'm not buying another Apple TV device or other 3rd party device to go with the new TV. About to lose a loyal customer. Even my new washer and dryer are LG.

8 hours ago, Shake & Bake said:

I really like my Direct TV Now. I am in the market for another new smart TV. However, if this app doesn't get added, I'll be getting something other than an LG, cause I'm not buying another Apple TV device or other 3rd party device to go with the new TV. About to lose a loyal customer. Even my new washer and dryer are LG.

The problem is that LG do not (in general) create the apps for webOS, in the same way that Google and Apple do not write all the apps on their respective platforms.  Contacting LG via the their official feedback page will help show them the desire for a DIRECTV NOW app.  But the more important thing to do is contact DIRECTV NOW themselves.

https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/2550-lg-has-a-feedback-and-suggestions-form/

link hidden, please login to view

It should not be too hard for DIRECTV NOW to get onboard with a LG webOS app as they where writing for it back in 2010, although how well they did remains unclear:

• 3 months later...

Yes I just received my 65'E8 PUA OLED tv for my great room (beautiful picture quality), but currently I have DirecTV Now app/service  on my office tv and guest room tv's via Roku. To enhance the customer experience the DirecTV Now app is a must have and the partnership with LG and AT& T should make this a top priority . The decision makers that may read this is there an ETA on this? Can new and current LG customers expect to see something in Q1 or Q2 of 2019?

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, Rookie1082 said:

I have WebOS 3.0 on my TV and need an ugly ROKU device and a second remote to control DirectTV Now.  Makes me want to go to Sling Because my WebOS already has that app built in... but i lose local channels!

LG, please fix!  Shoot, hire me and i'll help write the code.

Roku Ultra is vastly preferable to the inferior hardware, limited apps, inadequate onboard memory and hideous interface many if not most wifi-enabled Smart TVs, feature.