Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Zorac Dev

channel sorting

The channel sorting is near to useless especially when the source is satellite with hundreds of channels.

For example, say you wish to create your own list in fav1.

You add the channels and they appear in the order you add them.

Your sort order is either, numeric by channel or alphabetical or leave in the order you added them.

You can swap 2 channels to change the order but this is useless. Say for example that slots 1,2,3 have satellite channels 101, 118 and 122. Later I want to add channel 102 into slot 2. This is the problem, adding a new channel puts it in the last position, in my example that would be slot 4. The only option to adjust the position is to use the swap feature,  but I don't want to swap the order with another channel I simply want slot4 moved to slot2 and leave everything else in the same order. If I use swap then either chan 101 or 118 will go to the bottom of the list and then that channel would be on the wrong order.
In reality the fav1 list would have say 50 channels in it so swapping every other row to get the new one at slot 51 to slot 2 would take hours.

With hundreds of channels and channel numbers being updated there is no way to reorder these easily without removing all and adding them one by one in the order you want them.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: " My Channels" keep disappearing

I have 49SJ810 TV.  There is a "My Channels" option to add your favourite live TV channels which is very useful as it is much quicker than going through the guide menu if you only watch a few channels regularly.  I have successfully set up my favourite channels under the "My Channels" card multiple times, but "randomly" something happens that makes them all disappear from the "My channels" card.  Furthermore, when this happens I don't even have the "add" option to add these back unless I switch the TV off and then on.  Have any other members experienced this?  I suspect it is a software bug but my searcher this hasn't been fruitful.  I contacted LG customer support who took me through the setup menu options to turn off the "programme List Update" feature, but that hasn't fixed it.  Help!!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Add youtube-channel to my contents

Hello,
      i would like to add a youtube channel under "my content", but i can't find it.
      It's about "https://www.youtube.com/user/ROCKETBEANSTV/", but no matter what I enter, the channel never appears in the search output, only the daughter channel "RBTV Hängi https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfDws3roWo1GaA3pZUzfIQ" appears.
      What do I have to enter in the search to find the main channel? In the youtube app I can find the channel normally. I'm using a sk8500 with webOS 04.10.20. Thanks!

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• channel guide sync between multiple TV's

I have 3 LG TV's in the house. Would be nice to have apps, channel list, etc. sync between the TV's such that it's a seamless operation between them.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Channels show Invalid Service

I have a new lg 55uj634v tv and have an annoying issue.I live close to the border of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland When I tune in my DTV,I get about 47 odd channels showing up on auto search,but when I go to watch them,The non Irish Channels all show up with Invalid Service with a little animation,so basically all the freeview Channels seem scrambled or something. Does anyone know what Invalid Service means or how I could get around this

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• terrestrial + satellite

why is so hard to switch betwwen antenna & satellite channels ?   in fact it would be much better to just be able to mix antenna, cable and satellite channels so one can browse them (guide) all together

in LG webOS Wish List