Quantcast

NBA TV APP

rcl

10 hours ago, rcl said:

Hi LG WEB OS .   Cant watch nba tv in your internet browser and chromes says my browser isnt updated also.  it would be wonderful if your team could app NBA league pass in apps option .

thanks

LG don't build the apps (unless I'm guessing they're offered lots of cash to do so) it is down to the content providers to do so.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

LG - I have seen several requests for you to add the NBA TV app.  I would love to be able to watch the games on my LG "smart" TV instead of via computer or mobile.  Just add the app already please (or tell us why you won't)!!

LG - I will anxiously await your response.

FYI to the responder that said "LG don't build the apps...", the official NBA tv app is available through google play store, itunes, and others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

LG - I have seen several requests for you to add the NBA TV app.  I would love to be able to watch the games on my LG "smart" TV instead of via computer or mobile.  Just add the app already please (or tell us why you won't)!!

LG - I will anxiously await your response.

FYI to the responder that said "LG don't build the apps...", the official NBA tv app is available through google play store, itunes, and others.

Hi Basketball Jones,

I have just replied to your post elsewhere: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3692-netflix-on-webos-browser

As for the responder (yes it was me) saying that LG don't build apps the availability of an NBA app in an app store does not mean that is not produce by NBA.  Apple, Google et al do not produce every app in their respective market places.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Bought an LG TV due to the OLED display quality/price ratio but that was a mistake - due to the crap LG Web OS app store.

Should have added a few bucks and bought an Android TV from another vendor - likely still with LG manufactured OLED screen but with an app store worthy the name.

LG makes a good OLED HW but is a decade behind the curve in content/app ecosystem. And an arrogance of old-time manufacturers in not giving a dam about customer feedback.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Hi Basketball Jones,

I have just replied to your post elsewhere: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3692-netflix-on-webos-browser

As for the responder (yes it was me) saying that LG don't build apps the availability of an NBA app in an app store does not mean that is not produce by NBA.  Apple, Google et al do not produce every app in their respective market places.

A technically correct answer but adds no useful information. The point is that LG app store lacks essential and popular apps and has not been able (or has not wanted) to add them.