Quantcast

" My Channels" keep disappearing

joojeh

Question

I have 49SJ810 TV.  There is a "My Channels" option to add your favourite live TV channels which is very useful as it is much quicker than going through the guide menu if you only watch a few channels regularly.  I have successfully set up my favourite channels under the "My Channels" card multiple times, but "randomly" something happens that makes them all disappear from the "My channels" card.  Furthermore, when this happens I don't even have the "add" option to add these back unless I switch the TV off and then on.  Have any other members experienced this?  I suspect it is a software bug but my searcher this hasn't been fruitful.  I contacted LG customer support who took me through the setup menu options to turn off the "programme List Update" feature, but that hasn't fixed it.  Help!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem and LG support gave me the same fix, which doesn't fix anything. They have ignored my emails since. 

It's a shame as I generally like LG products. But it seems their support is terrible and they don't know how to fully test their own products leaving them riddled with faults. 

Ross, I should have written an update.  In the end what fixed this issue for me was to go through "factory reset" option of the menu, and the problem hasn't come back.  I know it is a pain if you have set up various apps etc and have to set them up again, but it is worth it.  I'd give it a try.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:56 PM, joojeh said:

Ross, I should have written an update.  In the end what fixed this issue for me was to go through "factory reset" option of the menu, and the problem hasn't come back.  I know it is a pain if you have set up various apps etc and have to set them up again, but it is worth it.  I'd give it a try.

I suffer from a similar issue on my LG OLED65B8. The channels saved within "My Channels" will vanish before my eyes after my TV has previously been disconnected from the mains - something I do every night. To me this is a software glitch as the channels show up and then disappear and it acts as though you've just tried "My Channels" for the first time!

Programme List Update is turned off and I also tried a factory reset but it has not solved the issue.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rob007
      LGTV had a new Sling TV app update which left me with no Channels option in Sling. I only have the Guide and Search Options. How can I get the Channels selection back?
    • By Erich Maritz
      Dears, 
      While trying to set up universal control for my surround sound (so I dont need the extra remote) I've been facing the following difficulty.

When I go through the steps in device connector I never get the option for set universal control. After simplink  (which is off) I just have the option "done" no next to set up manufacturer to control it via the "universal" remote function on my magic remote.

Device: Oled55c7v-z + magic remote
      Tried already:
      Factory reset, change service location, adding different devices (never does the option appear), hard power cycle, and disconnecting and connecting the devices.
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By News Reporter
      Photo Credit:  on
      One of the topics today’s consumers are most interested in is how we can be kinder to our planet while still living our daily lives. This expectation also carries over to companies and organizations as ultimately we are all in this together. As part of LG’s Life’s Good Campaign, LG is collaborating with British influencer Immy Lucas, creator of the YouTube channel and environmental movement, , to create a video showcasing a more sustainable way of living.

As an environmental influencer and creator, Immy creates content around sustainability, eating seasonally and zero waste living. She wanted to marry the two ideas by choosing locally grown food that’s in season, rather than “vegan” foods that had been shipped around the world. She tries to share accessible and easy ways to live sustainably.

An extension of the , the jointly produced Life’s Good: Environment video highlights how small changes can make a big difference in the environment. The four-minute video weaves together footage from the with compelling new content that encourages everyone to play their part in protecting this planet.

This new video consists of four chapters: Life’s Connected, Life’s Delicious, Life’s Regenerative and Life’s Good When We Learn and Teach Others. The message is for people to come together as a global community and take small steps to adopt a lower impact lifestyle for a more sustainable future, at the same time emphasizing the importance of protecting the world’s ecosystems.

“If we want future generations to inherit a healthy planet, one that’s capable of sustaining and nurturing them, it is essential that all of us make some changes in our lives today,” said Immy. “Through small adjustments in how we live, we can help ensure life’s good for our children, and for their children too.”

Starting today, the trailer for Life’s Good: Environment will be viewable on LG’s digital billboards in New York City’s Times Square and London’s Piccadilly Circus. The entire video is also available on LG’s global channel and  account where additional information on LG’s 2021 Life’s Good campaign can also be found.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By peppeve
      Is possible to have the correct code to set in AREA CODE from the ezadjust menu for my tv? I have an imported EU 60lb730v my actual code is 3122 but i need ITALIAN AREA CODE for set on the MHP function. Thank's
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By SamuelCabral
      Hi, after updating my TV to 05.00.02 version, every time I turn on my TV. The down menu (same as click on house button), is visible.

• By Yuriy Novak
      Hi All,
      I have discovered a weird bug. If I exit playing .avi file and try to open it again the tv will show an error 'This file cannot be recognised. Returning to list.'
      I guess it stores a timestamp after exiting playing video to resume playing it later from the same position.
      But for some files (in my case avi files) the TV can't resume from a specific time (for some reason).
      I haven't found an option to remove a resume timestamp for a specific file. As a workaround I can rename the file and the TV will play it fine from the start.
      TV: 55UM7100PLB
      webOS TV Version: 4.7.0-50607 (goldilocks2-gulaga)
      Demo of the bug: 
      link hidden, please login to view Thank for any help.
    • By maniel
      I noticed the on-screen keyboard layout for Polish locale is wrong, we use QWERTY keyboards here in Poland not QWERTZ, it's QWERTY only if i switch to English, is there any way to force QWERTY for Polish language?