WynQat

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, WynQat said:

I'm getting a recurring message about connection issues when I press the Amazon button on my remote, yet when using the Amazon web page and watching streaming video on that, I get UHD quality. What is going on here?

The model of your TV, firmware and software versions and the software version of the Amazon app please.

So I'm still sitting with this problem, any solutions? After the initial problem in January, Amazon button worked on and off for the past 6 months but finally stopped connecting at the end of April. I am forced to use Amazon, via a PC now, which does not give me the same video quality. Netflix offers UHD 4k without any problems! I've tried turning TV on and off, as the error screen suggests, I've reset routers and pulled network cables in and out, nothing. Every time I press Amazon button I get the same "Connection problem" message in every language on earth!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By Fred Wan
      The problem that my QNAP NAS Mediaserver disappears from the WebOS Home screen and from the Home dashboard happens irregularly and unpredictably almost daily. The only way to get it back is to reset WebOS to its initial (factory) settings. After I do that, it always reappears on the Home scree/Home dashboard. I have no idea why this happens, it even happens after I watch an hour of movie content from the NAS and then want to browse through the files on the NAS: it suddenly is not accessible anymore. I tried to tweak (a lot of) the NAS settings but nothing helps.  
      My NAS has a fixed IP in my home LAN. Is it possible to connect to it with the IP address? 
      Any other suggestions how to remedy this tedious problem are welcome!

In the file attached is a photo of the Home dashboard with the Mediaserver present. 

• By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Rob Infantino
      We have two LG OLED TVs. WebOS appears differently on each. And we are able to download the Paramount+ app on one TV, but not on the other.
      OLED65C7P (older) running software version 6.00.25
      WebOS TV Version 3.9.0-62709
      Does not allow the Paramount+ app to be installed
      OLED65C9PUA (newer) running software version 5.10.25
      WebOS TV Version 4.9.3-5340808
      Allows the Paramount+ app to be installed
      How can we get WebOS to appear the same on both TVs?

• By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.