Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

WynQat

Amazon embeded app connection problems

Question

I'm getting a recurring message about connection issues when I press the Amazon button on my remote, yet when using the Amazon web page and watching streaming video on that, I get UHD quality. What is going on here?

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, WynQat said:

I'm getting a recurring message about connection issues when I press the Amazon button on my remote, yet when using the Amazon web page and watching streaming video on that, I get UHD quality. What is going on here?

The model of your TV, firmware and software versions and the software version of the Amazon app please.

Ok, so apparently there was a fix for the latest update of the OS and the Amazon app loaded, without a problem... for like a week and I again get the same irritating message! WTF?

2 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

Are you running over a wired or wireless connection?

Wired connection, which provides UHD, without loss. 

So I'm still sitting with this problem, any solutions? After the initial problem in January, Amazon button worked on and off for the past 6 months but finally stopped connecting at the end of April. I am forced to use Amazon, via a PC now, which does not give me the same video quality. Netflix offers UHD 4k without any problems! I've tried turning TV on and off, as the error screen suggests, I've reset routers and pulled network cables in and out, nothing. Every time I press Amazon button I get the same "Connection problem" message in every language on earth!