Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Manodragon

Subtitle format support

Hi there. I have a 43UH6107 4K Smart TV and wondering about a problem I ran over recently.

It seems that the TV only supports .srt subtitles format. 

When I try to play a video file with PSG or SUP formats, the TV simply does not see the subtitle. 

The problem is that if another subtitle in SRT format is after a  PGS one, it does not work neither.

In MKV files displaying or not subtitles depends on the order of the tracks. It doesn't make any sense.

LG viewer should fix this issue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Better subtitle handling/options (saving Code Page&transparent background)

I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.   And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Annoying pop-up messages on my lg 49sj800v smart tv

I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Update problem

İ have 670v tv.  I cant update my tv . İ tried via usb , cant update ,  i tried downgrade  same problem. How İ can install firmware to my tv?  Please help me

• Question: IPlayer / Freeview Play

I have a strange problem with freeview play and Iplayer on my 55 E6 I need help first is this the correct place to post 
      The problem started about 2 months ago 
      If i select a BBC program from the past by scrolling through the freeview guide Iplayer starts as usual But when it starts playing there is no picture or sound if subtitles are on you can see the the subtitles going by but no sound of picture.

if i start iplayer using the app UI to watch the same program it works fine 
      all other catch up works through the freeview guide 
      If i am watching a bbc program and press green to restart the program it works ok also
      I have contacted Freeview they told me to contact BBC 
      I have contacted bbc iplayer help they told me to contact LG 

I contacted John Lewis they sent an engineer he said he would report the issue to LG 
      I am told LG said they did not see it as a problem and would do nothing 
      I spoke to John Lewis again and was told LG tvs do not support Iplayer any more 

I also have a 55uh850v that I use in my cinema as a 3d monitor this tv is olso webos3 this tv has exactly the same problem 
      I also have a 49UH610v this works perfectly 
      I also have a OLED55B7V this has the freeview guide disappearing problem that is well documented in "LG TV Freeview Play" forum but when its working the Iplayer works ok
      I have 70mg fibre broad band and the tvs are on wired ethernet 

I do not know what to do next

• Question: 4.0 update for 2016-17 Smart TV

When will the 4.0 update be available for my 2016-17 LG Smart TV?  I just got Alexa and can't use it for the TV unless it has the 4.0 version.  Model #70UH6350-UB.