Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

sharathks00

Unable to use Screenshare or WiDi with Laptop?

Question

I am using lg webos tv 65UB950T.

I am unable to connect my TV to my laptops , one on windows 7 and other on 8.1

Tv doesnot show up on search, if it does(sometimes) when connected only decline button is shown on TV screen(no accept button)

When connecting through TV no message appears on Laptop for connection acceptance.

I have no problem viewing my mobile contents.

Any suggestions???????????/

IMG_20170915_130742.jpg

IMG_20170915_130747.jpg

IMG_20170915_130808.jpg

IMG_20170915_130949.jpg

IMG_20170915_131046.jpg

IMG_20170915_132123.jpg

2 answers to this question

hi...wi-fi direct not is for you want....search into tv screenshare and use it. You laptop work using Intel WIDI software and this soft use miracast (screenshare). So,again.Yoy tv have  WI-FI direct technology and Miracast (Screenshare) technology on TV and in laptop have Intel WIDI technology. Connect laptop to tv using Miracast and work fine.Into TV browse to Screenshare,not to wifi direct.Succes 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mandishh
      Hi guys. I'm PRAYINGGGGGG someone will help. Heres my story:
      Model: LG WEB OS 65 inch UJ6300

I started having issues last week when I tried the mirroring options  when suddenly PANDORA and all other APPS I want could not be found in the LG content store.
      I have tried my HP laptop (brand new, gift for Christmas) with Miracast BUILT IN
      MY samsung tablet & my 2 samsung galaxy cell phones (S 8 + & s 8 Note)
      The HP laptop worked & conntected for maybe 5-8 minutes and then disconnected. Cannot get it back again. The tablet & pphones wont even connect  They find the TV to connect to but then the TV says "unable to connect with screenshare try again"
      I called LG & was on the phone twice for over 2 hours being walked through EVERYTHING, even had to reset my tv to factory settings. nothing helped. so they gave me a cerrtified LG techinician. He came and could not help. He downloaded some 3rd party APP and it worked for a few minutes. But the actual miracast did not work. HEY...we just got this tv not even a month ago. its 2018. Why the HELL are we downloading 3rd party apps to mirror a damn screen?! Nope. I called LG back but they said due to his notes (he tried to say it was all 4 of my devices and the tv was fine) they are deeming the TV fine. WTF!!!??

I dont want a new tv i just want a way to be able to screen any device. WITHOUT AN APP. Fuck for that Ill buy a regular non smart TV & invest 30 bucks in CHromecast!!! Am I wrong?!

LG PLEASE address this issue. This should not be happening in friggan 2018!!!!

I attached photos of the error i received when trying to connect

• By Kris0725PL
      I purchase this tv lg 55" SJ800V and i have problem to Share screen from my Phone BlackBerry Q10 to this tv.
      Over HDMI Cable everythings works ok. But Over Miracast tv broken connection.

My BlackBerry Q10 have new firmware 10.3.3 and support Direct wifi and Miracast.

Please add fix for this issue. We have 2017 year not 1945.

O