Quantcast

Better entertainment apps needed

Davie

I must say that the collection of entertainment apps offered by LG is a complete disappointment. 

Smart tvs are media centres and people DO listen to music and radio on them!

First you takeaway Spotify which is a letdown to premium users like myself. Then you offer a poor selection of radio apps.  Where is tunein and replaio?  Any radio app which offered worldwide streams rather than a limited selection would ge nice.  How about a podcast app?

Compared to Sony and Panasonic, LG is lagging behind in this respect and I don't think I will buy an LG smart tv in future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By News Reporter
      Features Seamless Integration With LG StanbyME Screens’ UX/UI and Sound System
      to Enhance Home Entertainment or Works Effectively as a Highly Portable Speaker

SEOUL, Mar. 8, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the global launch of the LG StanbyME Speaker (model XT7S), the company’s latest portable speaker which works in harmony with an LG StanbyME lifestyle screen or as a standalone speaker that can be taken anywhere.
      Designed to enrich both indoor and outdoor entertainment, LG StanbyME Speaker’s compelling audio quality and remarkable versatility caters to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of today’s users. Ideal for design-conscious individuals who relish streaming content and music at home or on the go, this speaker hit the market in Korea and the U.S. and will be made available in more regions later.
      Engineered to offer the complete entertainment experience when combined with a StanbyME screen, this speaker features seamless, intuitive pairing and control through the remote control that comes with the StanbyME screen. This allows users to effortlessly toggle their speaker and screen on and off with a single press, while also seamlessly connecting them via Bluetooth. LG StanbyME also boasts a dedicated widget with convenient one-stop control center and an overview of the speaker’s status.
      To further elevate audio-visual pleasure through audio quality, LG StanbyME Speaker’s WOW Orchestra feature combines it with the StanbyME screen’s built-in audio system, creating a unified audio setup and delivering an outstanding sound experience. What’s more, LG StanbyME’s α (Alpha) 7 Gen 6 AI processor optimizes sound by content type, while the 20-millimeter dual tweeters on the StanbyME speaker deliver clear, highly detailed high frequency stereo sound. The dual passive radiator on this speaker also creates deeper, more compelling bass.
      Offering multifaceted versatility, the all-new StanbyME speaker can seamlessly complement the StanbyME screen or be used as a standalone speaker anywhere, providing users with the remarkable level of flexibility that serves all their sound entertainment needs. Thanks to a dedicated cradle, the speaker attaches to LG StanbyME effortlessly, allowing users to place it in the perfect position for enhanced sound.
      Moreover, with an IPX5 rating and up to 16 hours of playback, this portable speaker ensures consistent audio performance everywhere they go. With its compact and lightweight body (78-millimeter height, 326-millimeter width, 87-millimeter depth and 0.9 kilograms), LG StanbyME Speaker can be carried from one place to another with ease, while its ‘edge lighting’ feature offers eye-pleasing lighting effects that add a subtle yet visually captivating element to lift the mood and atmosphere of any setting or occasion.
      LG StanbyME Speaker is currently available from LG.com website in Korea and the U.S. and is scheduled to roll out in other major markets worldwide.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By AlP
      Please add above apps to WebOS
    • By willjim
      I have recently purchased a qned 99 and I can’t see how to close apps running in the back ground like I was able to do with other lg TVs I have.
      The tv is running the latest version webos and obviously tried YouTube for the answer which only seems to say holding down the home button but all this seems to do is open the last app I was using.
      any ideas gratefully received.
    • By Succubus
      Hi all.

I've been very happy with my LG OLED but recently the WebOS updated (to the version with square tiles for Apps); and I can no longer work out how to close Apps.

This is important because I need to close down Apps like Youtube, NOW TV, etc because if I don't, I then have connection problems with other devices (DHCP perhaps), such as my Xbox. The only way to get around this at the moment seems to be "hard resetting" the TV; i.e. turning the TV off completely at the wall (not easy to get to), before trying to boot up an Xbox or similar. This seems to clear the Apps/connections.

It works fine if I was just using the TV for freeview. It's only after streaming something.

I used to accomplish this by going to "Recent" and then closing Apps individually. I can't find a way to close Apps now - is there a way in the new WebOS?

Thanks.
  • Similar Tagged Content