Quantcast

Spotify - Turn off display option

Sourav Pathak

Question

I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

On 4/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, Pablo J. Lozal said:

Hi! Did you finally found a way to solve this? I can't find the option. If I play the music on my phone and stream to the tv using bluetooth instead of spotify directly on the tv I can turn off the screen. With spotify directly I can't do that.

That would be great...

Press the Magic remote’s Mic button and say “Turn off the Screen”. It turns off the screen.

For Spotify music. I found a tool that is designed to help Spotify users to use Spotify music easier. This tool is

link hidden, please login to view
 , which can easily get music from Spotify and convert them as local files. Then you can save the music to your computer for using on any devices.

Maybe you can try to download Spotify songs to your computer with the help of

link hidden, please login to view
. Then you can move Spotify music files to your USB flash, and start to play them on your LG Smart TV through USB Media Player or Media Player.