Quantcast

Amazon prime video app for LG smart tv in India

mvsrinivas

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/8/2017 at 0:05 AM, amresh prakash said:

Amazon prime video app is already available in the in India for LG TV(webos), pls search the app in the content store

Hi Amresh,

Thank you for your response. I have LG 42LB5820 model purchased in mid 2014. In menu,  I can see only LG smart world. I don't see web os store.

Is my TV model not based on Web OS ? I am a bit lost in this regard.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:21 AM, mvsrinivas said:

Hi Amresh,

Thank you for your response. I have LG 42LB5820 model purchased in mid 2014. In menu,  I can see only LG smart world. I don't see web os store.

Is my TV model not based on Web OS ? I am a bit lost in this regard.

Hello mvsrinivas,

It seems that LG 42LB5820 doesn't have Webs Os :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Zaks M said:

It is a real pity that amazon app is not available on lg47lb5820. Guys.. do u know any method to install apps directly (e.g: apk) in the same way how we do it for Android mobile ?

Hi Zaks,

Your TV is listed as being a UAE model running NetCast, not webOS.  Apps for the two platforms are incompatible but I believe there is a version for NetCast.  

If you are in the UAE unfortunately Amazon Prime Video is not available in your region, hence why it is not in the app store, this is probably down to licencing issues out of LG's control. 

link hidden, please login to view

This issue has I believe been touched on elsewhere on the forum.

Hi George,

Thanks for the info.

I have purchased my tv in India, but I have relocated to Germany. As i didn't modify the region, it is probably set as uae..

I would like to change the region to germany.. i hope this should be possible right !! Lemme know your feedback regarding this.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By stewpot47
      My 55 old smart TV has started with a problem, 
      It displays a message.
      THIS APP WILL RESTART TO FREE MEMORY, THEN RESTARTS THEN SAME MESSAGE IN A LOOP.
      HELP

• By Alex
      Apple has been rolling out the Apple TV app to many different platforms, including smart TVs, games consoles, and third-party streaming devices like the Amazon Fire Stick or Roku streaming sticks.
      In a slight twist, the company is also launching a ‘Apple TV+’ app for older LG webOS TVs. Update: The TV+ app is also now available on older Samsung smart TV models.
      The launch was first spotted by FlatpanelsHD, and later confirmed by an LG support document.
      The standard Apple TV app is available on 2018 and newer LG webOS TVs. This special Apple TV+ app is targeted at 2016 and 2017 models.
      Although the name and logo is different, the actual app experience appears identical to the TV app — except that you can only watch TV+ content. The Watch Now and other iTunes Store tabs are simply missing.
      Somewhat comically, that means this app has just three tabs in the top navigation — Apple TV+, Search and Settings. It also means that the Up Next functionality previously found in the Watch Now tab is now awkwardly located as an inline row at the top of the tv+ page.
      It is true that many proponents of Apple TV+ — including me — have wanted less focus on the iTunes Store in the TV app in order to focus on the content available to us with the subscription, but this particular stripped-down incarnation is not quite what we had in mind.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      TikTok has launched an app for LG’s 2020 and 2021 smart TVs, the TV manufacturer has announced. The app arrived on these recent webOS 5.0 and webOS 6.0 models with a firmware update that started rolling out on October 7th, but will also be coming to older 2019 TVs “in the coming months.”
      The app is launching in the UK, France, and Germany, a TikTok representative confirmed to The Verge. That’s notable since TikTok’s smart TV apps for Samsung TVs, Android TV, and Fire TV have all focused on those same European countries so far. Meanwhile in the US, TikTok released a more limited “More on TikTok” app on Fire TV devices last year. We have followed up with both LG and TikTok to ask which regions the new smart TV app will be available in.
      Considering how optimized TikTok is for portrait-orientated mobile viewing, it’s not going to look great on living room televisions. But TikTok is understood to be trying to reach a broader audience with its smart TV apps, as well as to tap into the higher advertising rates associated with TV viewing, Protocol previously reported.
      Update October 8th, 5:50AM ET: Article updated with confirmed regions.
      Source:  link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Mark Johnston
      Anyone else having issues with Prime Video? Keep getting an error message. No code just that something is wrong. Works fine via my PS4 and iPhone but not on LG tv app.

contacted Amazon and tried usually things but no joy. Been going on for two weeks
    • By raghav prakasam
      Hi,
      Prime and hotstar are becoming widely used in India past one year.Its so sad to see 49LH576T doesn't have these apps in content store.
      Please can some one from the technology team of LG answer this question why it has not yet been done and when will you accommodate these apps in your store.

Cheers
      Raghav