Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

mvsrinivas

Amazon prime video app for LG smart tv in India

On 27/8/2017 at 0:05 AM, amresh prakash said:

Amazon prime video app is already available in the in India for LG TV(webos), pls search the app in the content store

Hi Amresh,

Thank you for your response. I have LG 42LB5820 model purchased in mid 2014. In menu,  I can see only LG smart world. I don't see web os store.

Is my TV model not based on Web OS ? I am a bit lost in this regard.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:21 AM, mvsrinivas said:

Hi Amresh,

Thank you for your response. I have LG 42LB5820 model purchased in mid 2014. In menu,  I can see only LG smart world. I don't see web os store.

Is my TV model not based on Web OS ? I am a bit lost in this regard.

Hello mvsrinivas,

It seems that LG 42LB5820 doesn't have Webs Os :(

It is a real pity that amazon app is not available on lg47lb5820. Guys.. do u know any method to install apps directly (e.g: apk) in the same way how we do it for Android mobile ?

2 hours ago, Zaks M said:

It is a real pity that amazon app is not available on lg47lb5820. Guys.. do u know any method to install apps directly (e.g: apk) in the same way how we do it for Android mobile ?

Hi Zaks,

Your TV is listed as being a UAE model running NetCast, not webOS.  Apps for the two platforms are incompatible but I believe there is a version for NetCast.  

If you are in the UAE unfortunately Amazon Prime Video is not available in your region, hence why it is not in the app store, this is probably down to licencing issues out of LG's control. 

https://thevpn.guru/unblock-us-amazon-prime-video-uae/

This issue has I believe been touched on elsewhere on the forum.

Hi George,

Thanks for the info.

I have purchased my tv in India, but I have relocated to Germany. As i didn't modify the region, it is probably set as uae..

I would like to change the region to germany.. i hope this should be possible right !! Lemme know your feedback regarding this.

Thanks