Quantcast

Memory issue

veeramur

Question

We bought the LG TV with WebOS recently. Internet browser closing very often due to the memory and it shows Web Browser has been closed unexpectedly. Do you want to resume the last web page? Can we know is this the fault with the TV or do we need to do anything with Memory setting? Please help.

Thanks

Veera

2 answers to this question

I have the same issue and have contacted LG and are awaiting response. I'm not holding my breath as I see this issue has been on-going with LG TV's for ages and so far I haven't seen any resolution. Looks like we may have purchased a lemon. I'm annoyed at myself for not researching this before I made the decision to buy. Buyer beware....

Brett

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By Brendank
      I had an issue with powering on the tv in which pressing the lg power button on the first ocassion did not turn on my Oled C1 77 inch Tv.
      LG replaced the powerboard, however since the replacement I have an issue with intermittent audio dropouts via earc. 
      EARC has functioned previously on my Tv when connected to an Anthem 710 receiver and for a few months now on an Anthem AVM 70. 
      The set up has remained the same in terms of audio settings, passthough, match screen and sound set to bypass and I have tried multiple cables, switching the tv off, resetting earc, but I still have the issue. 

It is very odd that after a replacement power board I have this issue. It almost seems like a comparability issue between the new board and the existing components or something else is wrong with the TV.
      Any ideas?

• By AhmadEx98
      I am using LG TV(UT8050 4K ULTRA HD). Disney hotstar app is running horribly, it is lagging too much and background video auto play making it worse. Can we add an option in it to disable to background video play in next update of Disney hotstar app.
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By AMK
      Since around 10 days, the iptv smarters pro on my lg smart tv, stopped displaying my xaccount details, i tried to remove the app and reinstalled it again, but i'm unable to add new user, though i have a newer lg smart tv, everything is working fine on it
      Tv model 55UJ630V-TA
      Sw version 06.10.50