Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

d2ogilvi

How do I blank screen when listening to music CDs?

Question

I have a new LG OLED65C7P TV running webOS 3.5.  I'd like to be able to turn off the screen when listening to muisic CDs.  How can this be done?  I using the "music" app on the "select connected devices" page.  Thanks in advnce!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

3 answers to this question

Hi, yes I want to do the same thing when watching YouTube.  I know the long way which is to go to settings on the remote, then down to advance tab,  then to picture and down to energy saving, clink it then down to screen OFF.  The screen will stay off until you move your remote around.  It you do that, you will have to start all over again.  How ridiculous...I also want a quicker way of turning the screen off...

Come on LG, there must be a better and quick way of doing this...maybe an AP?  My tv is model EG960T...55".

Hopes this helps you a little  Newbie..☺️

Thanks for the info... that gets the job done, though it ain't pretty, as you say.  You'd think there'd be a "display off' button in the upper right corner of the app, or something.  Seems rather wasteful to have the screen glaring away when listening to music.  I asked LG tech support if I could turn off the screen and they didn't even provide the answer you did.

Thanks again!

David

Yes, very sad...LG spend heaps on advertising but can not even take the time to address a simple question...I was also wondering this morning if this "display off"could not be done from the remote!  If I find something out, will post.

Rene