Quantcast

Regional settings not saving

BataviaDan

Question

I have webOS TV UH6100, software 04.31.10. 

Sometime in the last week something happened that caused my date, time, and location to be wonky.  I can't set them, and automate detect isn't working.  Same with allow automatic updates.  It says "may take a few seconds" but i've waited 15 minutes to 30 minutes with nothing happening.  Network connection is good - it is able to connect (according to the software).

I've tried reset factory settings to no avail, because it says the tv will now restart - i get the spinning circle of dots - but it never restarts.  When I turn the tv off and back on, it's still in the same state.

None of the apps will go anywhere either.

Any ideas?  Thanks for your help in advance

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By Itachi3431
      Hi all,
      I haven't seen a screensaver option to enable after sometime and no screensaver come's up after long time. Is there anyway to enable it

TV details - 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 55UR7500PSC

P.S., running latest Web OS
    • By nester
      Hi,
      it would be great if there was some kind of “percentage” slider or just adjusted power saving settings. Right now, there is too much difference between maximum and medium power saving mode - maximum is too dark and medium is too bright, with no way to be set between. Also difference between two brightest is not so much big.
      Second idea is to bring this setting somewhere closer (higher) in options. In my opinion, it might be the often changed setting by users. I use to change it regularly, especially between day and night. 

• By chupo_cro
      I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.

And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.
    • By LG user1
      I can't open settings on my LG B9 55" either from the remote (results in black screen) or from menu system (same). Also, when I click on any streaming app, nothing happens although the buttons on the remote otherwise work. I would like to try a factory reset, but can't do this without accessing the system menu. If you know how to factory reset without the menu or otherwise know a fix, please let me know!
  • Similar Tagged Content