Quantcast

[pivotCE]LuneOS Update for May

No release this month folks!

We’re in the middle of a major upgrade op the underlying Yocto project from Krogoth (2.1) right ambox_warning_blue_construction-svgaway to while skipping Morty (2.2) which means we need to update all our kernels to at least 3.4 in order to be able to use the latest upgrades to systemd and glibc.  So far this has been successful for the Nexus 4 (Mako), Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) and we’re now in the process of doing the same for the Touchpad (4G) (Tenderloin). All these targets have a 3.4 kernel available, so the process is relatively straight forward.

However it seems that the Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) doesn’t have a working 3.4 kernel available (only 3.0) and it’s therefore likely we’ll be forced to drop support for the Galaxy Nexus going forward.

! This starts to look like a very promising start for an united Android base for various alternative operating systems like LuneOS, SailfishOS, Ubuntu Touch, AsteroidOS, Plasma Mobile etc!

We’re always looking for energetic volunteers to .

See you with the next release!

Related posts:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Timpa
      Hi!
      Please add a option to deavtivate scrolling wheel while using live playback.
      Flera gånger har jag råkat byta kanal när jag har kommit åt scrollhjulet när jag ska spola. Och då byter TVn kanal och allt är förlorat.
    • By Gopinath Sekar
      Hello,
      I have a 2 year old OLED55C9PTA. The current WebOS is at 6.0 while mine is still at 4.9.5-7. 

Are we getting the WebOS updates? Is there anyway that I can manually update it to the latest WebOS?
      Thanks!
    • By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Brodomski
      Current version of webOS on 55” C1 OLED only allows HDMI1-4 or “Streaming Live TV & Content” to be used as the default input source. Why no apps like YouTube or Hulu?  If “Streaming Live TV & Content” option is selected as default input, a prompt to select a service is displayed and the only option is SlingTV. Why?  Sling is not the only streaming option. Many of the TV apps stream TV and content, why are they not available options?  Apps need to be available options for default input. 
    • By Ron Shaver
      I have the SLING streaming service on all 3 of my LG OLED TVs.  I've updated the SLING app on 2 of them and now have a problem.  Both TVs default to the SLING app when I turn them on.   I am able to watch streaming content but can't exit the SLING app.  This only started happening after I updated the app.  For this reason I did not update the SLING app on my 3rd TV.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?