Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Dale

I keep getting this app will restart to free up more memory

Question

1 answer to this question

Which LG do you have and what is the  software version. I have the LG 55LB7200-UB with software version 05.05.25. I and others had this problem for a very, very long time, months actually, and it was only after the software upgrade that the memory problem went away. To get around it I had to disable Simplink  which meant I could not use my home theater external speakers for tv viewing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: This app will now restart to free up more memory

Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's. I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message. As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem. My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     

By ironmonkey, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 11 answers
    • Question: this app will now restart to free up more memory

Bought a new 65" Smart TV, all the preoaded apps You Tube, Netflix etc  are restarting after couple of minutes with "this app will now restart to free up more memory" message.

By Pat, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 13 votes
      • 53 answers
    • Question: Restart on app

Good morning, Smart IPTV app is installed on my LG tv and I would like to make this app as my "default" quick start app when I turn on the tv.
      Now, the tv is always restarting with the antenna channels, and I want the same with this app.
        How can I do that ?   Thank you,
      Have a good day,

By RuiFilipe, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Low Memory in WebOS Smart TV

Hi, WebOS TV manufacturers! I have spent Rs. 65000 (About $1000) on my LG WebOS Smart TV. Still I have got only 512mb internal memory. Now my TV has started showing me low memory errors every now and then. It means my TV is no more a smart TV now. It can not play movie on browser for more than half an hour when some other app is open. Immediately it flashes error "running on low memory". What a rubbish thing you have manufactured. Where other TV manufactures e.g. MI, VU, Samsung, etc, are providing more than 2 GB memory in their smart TVs for a price as low as 60% of what you are charging, you are providing a useless memory of 512 mb. What a shit!! Now please tell me the solution to increase my internal memory or else I am going to share my experience on every social media and online market forums. P K Prabhakar [email protected]

By P K Prabhakar, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 3 answers
    • Question: Lg WebOS Tv out of memory error

Hi guys, i recently bought the  Lg 42LB650V and yesterday it automatically updated, and i have a problem, when i am using a app for log time, like watching video on youtube, after a while it say's me something like "Out of Memory, app closed". Please help me what can i do. It displayed this error before the update but never in the youtube app, only when browsing. and i have another problem, when i am watching a video on the web browser, after 10-15 minutes, it displays the same out of memory error, and i watched the same video on my friend's lg smart tv that hasn't got webOs, has got the old Lg smart tv OS, cinema 3d , and i watched the complete video without any error, and did lot of other stuff and didn't got the out of memory error. I bought this LG thinking that it's a new model so it will not have problems, if i can watch in the old TV, why not in the new TV. Please help me, i am very worried because i will have to change the TV because of the same error that i got in my Sony Smart TV that i returned to the store. HEEEEELP Please.              

By Ajay, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 3 votes
      • 149 answers