Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

jikhead

Google Play Movies & YouTube - No Dolby Digital 5.1

Question

Is anyone else having this same problem and let me know so I can determine where the problem is and who to contact to fix it:  I can't get any Dolby Digital 5.1 audio output from either YouTube or the Google Play Movies apps.  They will only output DD 2.0.

It is not a problem with the movies themselves, as I have double-checked all my movie contents from my Nexus Play to validate.  It also doesn't appear to be the the TV or WebOS 3.0, as all my other TV apps are not experiencing this problem, and I get Dolby Digital 5.1 output just fine.  I have updated the firmware on my TV, uninstalled & reinstalled the apps to check, and still no good.  I've chatted with Google support but got a Tier 1 support person who didn't have a clue or help.  This person suggested I contact my speaker manufacturer which was a ridiculous response.  Below are my versions...

LG OLED65B6P

WebOS 3.0     04.30.65

YouTube      1.0.27

Google Play Movies    1.0.20

2 answers to this question

Good news, as I have at least now having DD 5.1 working from the YouTube app now.  It still won't work in the Play Movies app.

I've had the TV short of a month now.  Since then, I have it two times were I wasn't getting any video signal from my HMDI3/UHD bluray player.  I had to reset the TV each time.  Last night I went to try and watch some Netflix and discovered I wasn't getting any audio out the ARC HMDI to my receiver; none of the apps.  I reset the TV again, tinkered with settings, did it all again this morning to no avail.  After working on it this morning, I went to go download the manual to double-check all the TV settings and noticed a new firmware was just released yesterday.  After installing the new firmware, I was able to get my audio out the ARC HDMI again.  Since I hadn't logged back into my apps after the last reset, I went to check Play Movies and YouTube and found that Dolby Digital 5.1 was now working out of the YouTube app.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-OLED65B6P#manuals

I've just bought OLED65C7V.

YouTube works with dolby digital, but Google play movie outputs only in stereo 2ch even if I set PCM or Auto from WebOS audio menu, no way to have dolby digital.

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Wi-Fi connection problem

Hi I'm trying to find out if a problem I have is a problem of my LG 49U67V TV or my modem's problem. Some times ( irregular pattern)  when I try to connect to some kind of web service (browser,  YouTube, Netflix),  I can't connect or the speed is too slow. My TV is connected via Wi-Fi. When check the Wi-Fi and internet connection trough the settings Evey thing looks OK. At the same time my Android phones connect superbly and if I measure my internet speed via fast.com from phone or PC everything is OK.  I found 2 solution for  this A.   either restarting the modem and then everything is OK the connection superb etc. B. Going to settings, disconnect from my router and reconnect (you know adding again the router password). Then everything is back to normal.  The TV does not seem to have any other issue.   I've tried to go back to factory settings. I've noticed the problem again. In irregular pattern it appears no standard time or pattern of appearance. Could it be that my modem router is the problem?  I have this modem for over 3 years.  I will try another to be sure. LG here said "we can check your TV but if we don't find anything you (me that is)  will have to pay for pick up and delivery expenses.  clarification  The TV seems to be connected during this problem. Just it does not stream data from the internet or it does in low speeds. Netflix speed test shows it at really low speeds or disconnected while in settings it seems connected. Strength of Wi-Fi signal,  superb    

By Mak, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 15 replies
    • Question: Casting Google Pixel on LG TV

Hello All, 

I've 55UK7500 and Google Pixel 2 XL. When I tried to cast the phone on TV it is unable to find the screen. I searched and found that Google has stopped supporting miracast. Has anyone found any workaround for this issue?

Nitin

By Nitin1438, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Add youtube-channel to my contents

Hello,
      i would like to add a youtube channel under "my content", but i can't find it.
      It's about "https://www.youtube.com/user/ROCKETBEANSTV/", but no matter what I enter, the channel never appears in the search output, only the daughter channel "RBTV Hängi https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfDws3roWo1GaA3pZUzfIQ" appears.
      What do I have to enter in the search to find the main channel? In the youtube app I can find the channel normally. I'm using a sk8500 with webOS 04.10.20. Thanks!

By Tone, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • I need help only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix and YouTube

only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix. How can I run Netflix on this projector Is the LG content store not ? I have ordered the projector through Amazon US. Everything else seems to work fine. Including the LG TV Plus android app.   Help me please            Quote

By Ammars2005, in LG webOS Smart Projector

• 0 replies
    • Question: Does anyone have slight lip sync problem on the built in Netflix/Youtube app ?

I have like 0.2 seconds shift on the Built in smart tv video apps like Netflix .. My version is 4.10.04 and it's the latest according to the 'Check updates' button .. Anyone have similar problem ? Anyone recommends a solution ? The problem is that the video preceeds the audio .. but the av sync adjustment in the can only shift by positive numbers .. I wish I could go the other way to negative values ?   Do u recommend other version for example that I can install manually ?

By Youssef Mohamed, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 2 answers
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Shekhar Rajepandhare
      I have purchased lg smart TV having webos in month of may. After updating YouTube app last week , selecting video with magic remote pointer and play video is stopped . I have to use navigation key to select video and play .  Please look into to it
    • By Alex
      Below are latest videos and link at the bottom to the webOS OSE Youtube Channel
      webOS OSE Session in OSCON
      webOS experts had presentations about webOS OSE in OSCON 2018.

Welcome Beanbird Bot
      The Beanbird Bot running with webOS OSE! See what he can do and how.

Congrats. You’ve found webOS OSE.
      Looking for an OS for your new smart device? Here’s webOS OSE that is open source, web app compatible, LG proven, and continuously evolving.

Introducing webOS OSE
      webOS OSE is a web-centric open source software platform for smart devices. 

See all videos on webOS OSE Youtube Channel
    • By Alex
      LG’s 2018 lineup of AI-enabled ThinQ TVs are going to be getting Google Assistant functionality in many of its international markets. Starting 8/24, Google Assistant will be available in Canada, Australia, and the UK, with support coming to South Korea, Spain, France, and Germany by the end of the year.
      LG’s ThinQ TVs came with integrated Google Assistant when they launched in the US and added support for Alexa commands soon after. The built-in ThinQ AI, which runs on LG’s own WebOS can be used for TV-specific commands, such as “search for the soundtrack of this movie,” while Google Assistant and Alexa can be used as a smart home hub. You can basically use the TV the same way you’d use your Google Home by speaking commands into the mic on your remote.
      LG is also planning on bringing Amazon Alexa support to Australia and Canada in the future, but no time is specified yet.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/24/17779468/google-assistant-lg-thinq-tv
    • By jorge Ramos
      I'm having a little problem since a few days ago, when I try to use the YouTube app it shows the start screen as always but then it don't show the videos and just grey words appear at the side as if it was the tittles and all the text in the app, I tried starting the app from my phone but it just play the sound but no video is showed.
      I already erased and reinstalled the app, and even disconnected the TV, I searched on Google but I can't find a way to make it work again 
      Anyone knows why? Or how I can fix it?
      Here is a Photo of how it looks