Quantcast

Recording stopped, problem with hdd device

manus34

Question

On my recently purchased lg 43UH650V tv I am experiencing a problem when recording tv shows on dtv. I usually schedule my recordings to record in the evening and leave my tv on standby. Some shows which are less than 30 mins record no problem, but Ive been trying to record one particular show at 9 to 10 pm every night this week.

The problem which I am getting every time is that  the recording stops, sometimes after 15 mins, other times 25 mins, 40 mins.

The error Im getting is "Recording has stopped due to problem with hdd device" or something very similar,

Ive tried two different usb sticks, one 32gb and one 64gb,  I had no problem using these sticks on my old sony tv,

Anyone know why this happens ?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Baffledron
      Hi,
      Ongoing problem!!
      About a month ago I switched from BT to Vodafone FTTP (Fibre) broadband (100Mbps)
      Since then I've had buffering on my LG TV (55UM7610PLB). This is connected to the router by ethernet cable.
      My first thoughts were to do with the internet connection, I checked and tested everything. Vodafone have also checked everything and Openreach have replaced the ONT. Still got the problem though.
      So, I've turned to the TV. The LG chat and phone help were pretty low level and not at all helpful.
      Google turned up a possible solution which involved resetting the location services and removing it's automatic status. This sort of worked. Watching UHD Frozen Planet 2 was bufferless. But the next day, watching ITV hub was worse than ever.
      You would have thought with an 100Mbps connection it would all work so well....but it doesn't.
      Is it the TV? 
      Is there a fix? 
      Any ideas much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Ron
    • By jquerijero
      The new WebOS Home makes the TV feels more gadget-ty or app-y while the old home feels more like an appliance. Is there a way to get back to the old home view?
    • By News Reporter
      With Freshness-Enhancing Technologies, and Efficiency,
      LG’s New Fridge Ready to Wow European Market

SEOUL, Aug. 22, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling its latest bottom-freezer refrigerator for the European market at IFA 2022. The new model delivers a more sustainable kitchen with LG’s energy-saving Inverter Linear Compressor, an upgraded internal compartment and the company’s cutting-edge ‘freshness’ technologies, including LinearCooling and DoorCooling+.
      LG’s bottom-freezer fridge boasts an ‘A’ energy rating, the highest rating possible under the European Commission’s strict energy standards system.1 In order to earn the ‘A’ rating, LG improved the structure of the refrigerator’s condenser and heat exchanger, and enhanced the airflow path to achieve a more efficient and even delivery of cold air throughout the fridge.
      LG’s new fridge also employs the incredibly efficient and highly durable Inverter Linear Compressor. Thanks to the company’s remarkable compressor, the bottom freezer offers a 10 percent reduction in annual energy consumption compared to other LG refrigerator models with an A energy rating – helping consumers to shrink their household energy footprint and save on electricity bills.2
      Additionally, the high-performance, new model comes with LG’s freshness-enhancing technologies – LinearCooling and DoorCooling+. LinearCooling reduces temperature variations,3 which helps to keep food items fresh for longer period of time,4 while DoorCooling+ sends out cold air from the top of the refrigerator compartment to hard-to-reach areas like the front door basket.
      For a convenient user experience, the new bottom freezer refrigerator can be remotely controlled and monitored via the LG ThinQ app for smartphones, letting users manage settings and check operational status from practically any location.
      Further convenience is presented by the fridge’s 2-step Folding Shelf and Wine Rack, the former can fold away to accommodate larger items whenever needed, while the latter can hold up to five bottles of wine at once. What’s more, the new model provides an instant style upgrade with the application of LG’s Metal Fresh finish to its interior.
      “The new bottom freezer fridge leverages LG’s state-of-the-art technologies to keep food market-fresh while also delivering superb energy efficiency and a host of user-friendly features,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of the LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Designed with sustainability in mind, and to provide a better kitchen experience, our new refrigerator offers the performance, convenience and style that the European market demands.”
      Visitors to LG’s booth (Hall 18, Messe Berlin) at IFA 2022 from September 2-6 will have the opportunity to check out the stunning bottom-freezer refrigerator in matte-black finish, along with a host of other innovations for a better life.
      # # #
      1 The European Commission revised its home appliances energy rating standards in March, 2021. As part of this, a new energy label ratings system was introduced, with ratings running from A to G instead of the previous scale of A+++ to D. ( link hidden, please login to view)
      2 Based on the household refrigeration/freezer energy consumption test results according to IEC 62552 test standard. Annual energy consumption of LG’s new bottom-freezer is 99KWh, whereas the annual energy consumption of conventional LG’s bottom freezer is 110kh.
      3 Based on UL test results using LG’s internal testing method, comparing average peak-to-peak temperature fluctuation in the fresh food compartment between LG refrigerator models Bottom Freezer GBB72NSDFN (±0.5C°), on no load and normal temperature setting. Results may vary in actual usage.
      4 Based on UL test results using LG’s internal testing method measuring the time required for Bok Choy stored in the fresh food compartment of LG refrigerator model GBB72NSDFN to decrease in weight by five percent. Results may vary in actual usage.

• By News Reporter
      LG recently hosted members of the UK media and key retail partners of LG SIGNATURE at
      link hidden, please login to view, UK’s leading music festival held over a couple of weeks once a year in London’s Hyde Park, to enjoy the luxurious “LG SIGNATURE Hosts” experience. The ‘money can’t buy’ event was held at one of only seven fully catered, private hospitality suites at legendary British rock band The Rolling Stones’ 60th anniversary concert. Tom Harrow, wine director of Honest Grapes
      Within the LG SIGNATURE suite, attendees could enjoy various British refreshments including Scotch eggs and a ‘best of British’ wine tasting session with , known as ‘The Wine Chap’. While savoring every sip of four perfectly chilled, select British wines, including Wiston Estate Rosé NV, Kit’s Coty Chardonnay, Hoffman & Rathbone Pinot Noir and Nyetimber Demi-Sec Sparkling, guests were able to learn about and experience the impressive features, unique functions and design aspects of the LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar, from which the wine was being served.

The event also presented the perfect opportunity to introduce LG SIGNATURE Washer and Dryer to the people of the UK, an advanced laundry duo delivering the ultimate living experience to discerning individuals with both functionality and timeless aesthetics at the forefront of its design process. While a black tempered glass door and porcelain enamel coating allow it to complement any luxury setting, the LG SIGNATURE Washer and Dryer also benefits the environment with minimized noise levels and 4A-rated energy efficiency.

The concert began with incredible performances from young, talented musicians including and , followed by two unforgettable hours of The Rolling Stones rocking the stage with their all-time classics. At the end of the evening, each guest was gifted an LG SIGNATURE leather double wine holder containing two of the wines presented during its tasting event – Hoffman & Rathbone Pinot Noir and Wiston Estate Rosé NV – as well as an LG SIGNATURE-branded champagne stopper.

The event was the latest experience to present exclusive access to one of the most prestigious, in-demand events in the UK. With aesthetically pleasing LG SIGNATURE products seamlessly blending into every experience, customers can simultaneously appreciate the brilliance of the show and LG’s premium devices in one place.

Contributed by LG UK
      # # #