Quantcast

Recording stopped, problem with hdd device

manus34

Question

On my recently purchased lg 43UH650V tv I am experiencing a problem when recording tv shows on dtv. I usually schedule my recordings to record in the evening and leave my tv on standby. Some shows which are less than 30 mins record no problem, but Ive been trying to record one particular show at 9 to 10 pm every night this week.

The problem which I am getting every time is that  the recording stops, sometimes after 15 mins, other times 25 mins, 40 mins.

The error Im getting is "Recording has stopped due to problem with hdd device" or something very similar,

Ive tried two different usb sticks, one 32gb and one 64gb,  I had no problem using these sticks on my old sony tv,

Anyone know why this happens ?

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nooneuno
      Our tv always needs to have the recording volume reset... the problem seems to be that the formatted disk has a small boot partition, about 150 mb, plus a 4 GB "main" volume, and the recording app "sees' the boot partition, and won't "hold" the setting for the main volume...
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By Joe Wong
      My LG 50 inch Model: 50NANO75UPA HDMI Arc stopped working with my Vizio soundbar. It worked very well when I first connected it until this morning. I purchased an extended warranty, but is there a known solution before I send out for help? It is definitely the LG Tv, and not the soundbar because I used to have a Samsung soundbar, which worked only for about a week before the HDMI Arc stopped working and I switched over to the Optical. Now even the Optical does not work That's why I bought a Vizio.
    • By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!