Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

manus34

Recording stopped, problem with hdd device

Question

On my recently purchased lg 43UH650V tv I am experiencing a problem when recording tv shows on dtv. I usually schedule my recordings to record in the evening and leave my tv on standby. Some shows which are less than 30 mins record no problem, but Ive been trying to record one particular show at 9 to 10 pm every night this week.

The problem which I am getting every time is that  the recording stops, sometimes after 15 mins, other times 25 mins, 40 mins.

The error Im getting is "Recording has stopped due to problem with hdd device" or something very similar,

Ive tried two different usb sticks, one 32gb and one 64gb,  I had no problem using these sticks on my old sony tv,

Anyone know why this happens ?

1 answer to this question

Seems to be a problem using over 32gb pen drives. I used a 16gb drive, now no issues, also tried external hd mybook 500gb with own power source all work flawless

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Update problem

İ have 670v tv.  I cant update my tv . İ tried via usb , cant update ,  i tried downgrade  same problem. How İ can install firmware to my tv?  Please help me

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Glitchy recordings from USB disk

Hi, I've recently purchased a LG 43UK6300PLB, which by and large has been excellent! But I'm having problems with recording to USB. So far I've tried a 500GB drive I had spare, but its probably 7-8 years old, and I've tried an SSD as well. Tried the 500GB in an older USB2 external caddy and in a more recent USB3, and the SSD in the USB3. Both were formatted to NTFS. When I come to watch the recording, I get what looks like signal breakup where I might lose a second or so of the recording. Its not constant either, there might be a 10 second period where the quality is really bad and broken, and then maybe a minute of it being OK. I've tried the USB3 caddy with external 5V power added in too, 2A supply. Same problem happens if I pause live TV, and then unpause it a little later. Normal TV picture quality is fine, I've got good signal here and never see this on normal viewing. Wondered if anyone had suggestions? Is it worth trying a USB stick instead? Running out of ideas with this one. Thanks

• LG PF1500W webOS projector shows no apps in NZ

I can find only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix. How can I run Netflix on this projector here in New Zealand? Is the LG content store not enabled in NZ? I have ordered the projector through Amazon US. Everything else seems to work fine. Including the LG TV Plus android app.

in LG webOS Smart Projector

• Recording on the network share

If I understand correctly, currently (WebOS 4.0), it's possible to record TV shows on the flash drive only. Could you implement recording on the network share (Windows share, samba or similar)? I have small NAS so it would be great if I could use it's storage for this purpose. Regards, Jaroslav

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Audio problem while using set top box

While using set top box, the voice are not clear and only music is heard clearly, it would be better if a manual equalizer is there rather than the already preset equalizer like cinema mode, clearvoice etcetc which doesnt serve the problem