Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Alex

Newsletter Email Sent Out Multiple Times   02/11/2017

Please disregard the multiple emails you may have received from our weekly newsletter distribution. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to ensure that it does not send more than once per week. The only emails you should receive from this user to user support forum are notifications on content you are a part of and our topic digest. 
sunnyjackson

YouTube - on 4K

Question

Youtube runs only in 2560 x 1440. No way to change the resolution to 4k. 

Just bought LG 50UH5500 4K with WebOS 3.0 and am trying to figure out how to run youtube in 4k with in built app.

Has anyone have resolution problem using YouTube on 4k TV? I checked 'more info" and it shows me current resolution of YouTube, which is 2560 x 1440 instead of 4k and there is no option to change the resolution.

I have to use web browser and only then i can see it in 4K. However, the default is set to 1080 on web browser, so have to manually change it to 4k evey time i use youtube on web browser.

Wish there was an easy way to set defaults and the YouTube app with an option to change the resolution. I do have internet speed of 25 Mbps, which i suppose is capable of 4k.

1 person likes this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

2 answers to this question

I have same issue here. I can't get the 4k resolution on 4k videos, getting only 2560x1440 on 49uf850t Webos 2.0

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Mine was resolved after upgrading my internet speed from 25 Mbps to higher. Looks like you need at least 30 Mbps speed which does not seem correct. Since Netflix says 20-25 Mbps is good enough for their 4K content. I had a doubt with their content though.

After increasing my internet speed, I feel Netflix is now in 4K which was not while on 25 Mbps. However, it's hard to find out their resolution since webos app for Netflix does not show the resolution. 

Not sure where the problem lies but looks these webos apps are not ready for production. It's filled w bugs. My google play crashes and freezes or sound stops after watching a movie for 30 mins or so. I repent getting LG.