Quantcast

Does Web OS 3.00 fast forward easily ?

Digmen1

Question

Hello

Wow, I just found this forum.

I have an early LG smart tv.

It goes well, but I want to upgrade to a new one.

I like to play movies from a portable hard drive that I plug in to my tv through a USB port.

This works well, with two small problems.

One, is that as I play the moves in our bedroom at night, the remote is hard to use - too many buttons and hard to find.

Two, it is very hard to fast forward or rewind a movie (to get to a place you missed the previous night if you fell asleep.)

I am hoping that a new LG tv with Web OS 3.00 and a magic remote will solve both of these problems.

Do any of you have any experience in using your LG tv in this way.

Will a new LG 2016 with Web OS 3.00 do what I want ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks fro the one reply.

But as no one had replied, I went to a store and saw the LG web os side by side with the Samsung Tizen.

The tizen seemed much easier to operate and had some nice video preset stops along the top of the screen so I coudl jump to part of the video quickly.

So in line wit the fact that LG have put some of their OS 3.00 staff off, I bought the Samsung.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By News Reporter
      Advanced IVI System Boasts Pillar to Pillar
      Touch Display for Seamless, Intuitive User Experience

SEOUL, Jan. 12, 2022 — LG Electronics’ (LG) newest premium in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system will be a central feature in the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS EV sedan, the Pillar to Pillar (P2P) display built into the MBUX Hyperscreen that stretches across the entire width of the dashboard. With its unique interior concept and revolutionary human-machine interface, the first luxury electric vehicle from Mercedes-Benz AG highlights the futuristic trends in electric vehicle design and points to an exciting vision for future mobility.
      First introduced by Mercedes-Benz at AG CES 2021, the MBUX Hyperscreen consists of three screens including LCD display, ICD (Instrument Cluster Display) and two OLED displays, CID (Central Information Display) and CDD (Co-Driver Display) under a bonded glass cover to give the appearance of a single, continuous display. The use of advanced plastic OLED (P-OLED) display technology enables the infotainment system in the Mercedes-Benz EQS EV to deliver clear, sharp images and text and slim bezels with no physical knobs means occupants get an intuitive touch interface with refined haptics for a user experience (UX) with minimal learning curve.
      LG’s IVI system was specifically designed to meet the needs of Mercedes-Benz AG with the curved, panoramic form factor required by the ultra-sleek sedan. LG’s in-house Production Engineering Research Institute, tasked with providing in-house expertise for equipment and material components as well as advanced production techniques, developed the core technologies implemented in the display: Curved Glass Forming, Surface Treatment and Curved Display Bonding.
      Working closely together, LG and Mercedes-Benz AG engineers are taking in-vehicle displays such as instrument panels and navigation systems to a new level, providing drivers and passengers with greater convenience and control of their on-road experience. The visually-pleasing IVI system in the Mercedes-Benz EQS EV not only raises the bar for ease-of-use but also safety, featuring new technologies that perform well above minimum standards for head-on and collisions.
      “It’s an honor and a privilege to be able to work in close collaboration with a trusted partner such as Mercedes-Benz AG,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Being named a valued supplier of automotive displays by Mercedes-Benz AG last year gives us immense pride in knowing that the partnership is showing great results.”
      As an innovative partner for future mobility, LG Electronics’ Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company is working with global automakers such as Mercedes-Benz AG to become a leading developer of connectivity, infotainment and ADAS solutions to deliver differentiated in-vehicle experiences. LG is committed to diversifying its portfolio to further strengthen its capabilities with acquisitions including automotive lighting and headlight systems provider ZKW Group and software cybersecurity company Cybellum as well as the joint venture, LG-Magna e-Powertrain.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By panrap
      Hello,

I am trying to watch NBA matches at my TV, and i have nba pass subsrciption. It appears that my country is not eligible and there is no nba app at the lg store.
      When i login to my account through the webos broswer , when i try to watch a game, i get the message "download the app", and the link takes me to other apple store.
      I tried to watch through airplay (either from my macbook or my iphone), but when i connect to airplay, the screen gets black. I guess that is something with nba sharing rights etc, because with other apps it works fine.

has anybody find any solution to this?