Quantcast

Does Web OS 3.00 fast forward easily ?

Digmen1

Question

Hello

Wow, I just found this forum.

I have an early LG smart tv.

It goes well, but I want to upgrade to a new one.

I like to play movies from a portable hard drive that I plug in to my tv through a USB port.

This works well, with two small problems.

One, is that as I play the moves in our bedroom at night, the remote is hard to use - too many buttons and hard to find.

Two, it is very hard to fast forward or rewind a movie (to get to a place you missed the previous night if you fell asleep.)

I am hoping that a new LG tv with Web OS 3.00 and a magic remote will solve both of these problems.

Do any of you have any experience in using your LG tv in this way.

Will a new LG 2016 with Web OS 3.00 do what I want ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks fro the one reply.

But as no one had replied, I went to a store and saw the LG web os side by side with the Samsung Tizen.

The tizen seemed much easier to operate and had some nice video preset stops along the top of the screen so I coudl jump to part of the video quickly.

So in line wit the fact that LG have put some of their OS 3.00 staff off, I bought the Samsung.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a video file that is 3840 x 2160 (UHD) in OLED55CX (4K), there is a small black bar at the top and bottom. Is the TV supposed to upscale automatically to its 4k resolution which is 4096 x 2160? How do I upscale it without picture being cut of?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By JRM
      I am using the above TV. Quite often when watching a programme live from the aerial, the screen will suddenly go to the "wallpaper" screen and a box advises there is no signal, the TV is checking for a signal and please check connections etc. After a few seconds the TV resumes with the programme that was being watched. Obviously, the TV seems to be temporarily losing the signal. However, a 2nd LG TV (older model) in another room, feeding from the same aerial has no such problem and neither do I get signal drop outs when using my Humax box for recordings, all of which suggests the aerial signal is perfectly OK but for some reason the 55NANO795NE  momentarily loses it. Anyone else having a similar problem and any thoughts on what to do to resolve it?  
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view