Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Kristofer Whiting

Feature Requests - Who uses Live TV anymore?

Please give us the option to remove Live TV from the Launcher and Home Menu, "Today" from the Home menu, and to auto-launch the last running app (like if you were watching Hulu when you turned off the TV.   I don't have cable and all of these features are just a nuisance to me.  Turning on my tv with the "No signal" or "Scrambled" message because I don't have any live channels is also annoying and looks very unpolished for a $5k TV...

Thanks!

• Like 7

How about giving us a reply to this issue, LG? My Sony Bravia that's 10+ years old allows me to deactivate the tuner and it's not even a "Smart TV". This is pretty "un-smart" on your engineers behalf. Like others have stated, it's very irritating to hear static blast through my speakers when I press the power button on my remote. Give us the option to GET RID OF THE INPUT!

So disappointed. If this TV wasn't a gift, I'd get a smarter "Smart TV".

As a software developer, this OS was poorly thought out. And what's with the lag when I use the IR Remote? It's as frustrating as using an old computer!

I may have accidentally discovered a partial solution to this. I changed the input to HDMI 1 when I connected a Roku. After I disconnected the Roku, I left the input on HDMI. Now when I turn on the TV, it says no signal detected and scrolls thru some beautiful wallpapers with no annoying hissing. Give it a try. 

• Thanks 2

Why in 2019 is this still not possible, this is my biggest grip with LG tv's
Allow me to remove it from the input options!

Allow me to hide Live TV, who uses an antenna ANYMORE?!?!?!?

I think I may reconsider LG for my next TV if this can not be resolved, how do you sell 70" 4k TV's that can't disable the antenna option?

On 1/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, Nick Marazzo said:

Why in 2019 is this still not possible, this is my biggest grip with LG tv's
Allow me to remove it from the input options!

Allow me to hide Live TV, who uses an antenna ANYMORE?!?!?!?

I think I may reconsider LG for my next TV if this can not be resolved, how do you sell 70" 4k TV's that can't disable the antenna option?

Well if you're in the UK I'll come and take it off your hands, because yes I do on happen to watch live TV.

Bit of a first world problem...

17 hours ago, Nick Marazzo said:

Oh thanks for your so helpful input on the validity of my complaint on the manufacture of said device web forums.

But it is not really a complaint is it.  What you mean is that it is a feature you would like that is not currently available on the TV.  If of course this was the defining  feature of a TV why did you not investigate first and purchase a brand that offers such a quality?  Just because it is 2019 does not guarantee any product will have what you want baked in to it, doing research before you buy something would be my advise.  Hope you find that advise more helpful.

When you find a manufacture that does have this feature please let the forum know for those who may be interested.

Also it is a television...  You know to watch TV on otherwise with no tuners it would be a monitor...