Quantcast

Feature Requests - Who uses Live TV anymore?

Please give us the option to remove Live TV from the Launcher and Home Menu, "Today" from the Home menu, and to auto-launch the last running app (like if you were watching Hulu when you turned off the TV.   I don't have cable and all of these features are just a nuisance to me.  Turning on my tv with the "No signal" or "Scrambled" message because I don't have any live channels is also annoying and looks very unpolished for a $5k TV...

Thanks!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please give us the option to remove Live TV from the Launcher and Home Menu, "Today" from the Home menu, and to auto-launch the last running app (like if you were watching Hulu when you turned off the

I agree, it is useless for me generally clutters up the entire UI.

I may have accidentally discovered a partial solution to this. I changed the input to HDMI 1 when I connected a Roku. After I disconnected the Roku, I left the input on HDMI. Now when I turn on the TV

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How about giving us a reply to this issue, LG? My Sony Bravia that's 10+ years old allows me to deactivate the tuner and it's not even a "Smart TV". This is pretty "un-smart" on your engineers behalf. Like others have stated, it's very irritating to hear static blast through my speakers when I press the power button on my remote. Give us the option to GET RID OF THE INPUT!

So disappointed. If this TV wasn't a gift, I'd get a smarter "Smart TV".

As a software developer, this OS was poorly thought out. And what's with the lag when I use the IR Remote? It's as frustrating as using an old computer!

• 3 months later...

I may have accidentally discovered a partial solution to this. I changed the input to HDMI 1 when I connected a Roku. After I disconnected the Roku, I left the input on HDMI. Now when I turn on the TV, it says no signal detected and scrolls thru some beautiful wallpapers with no annoying hissing. Give it a try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 7 months later...

Why in 2019 is this still not possible, this is my biggest grip with LG tv's
Allow me to remove it from the input options!

Allow me to hide Live TV, who uses an antenna ANYMORE?!?!?!?

I think I may reconsider LG for my next TV if this can not be resolved, how do you sell 70" 4k TV's that can't disable the antenna option?

• Like 1
On 1/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, Nick Marazzo said:

Why in 2019 is this still not possible, this is my biggest grip with LG tv's
Allow me to remove it from the input options!

Allow me to hide Live TV, who uses an antenna ANYMORE?!?!?!?

I think I may reconsider LG for my next TV if this can not be resolved, how do you sell 70" 4k TV's that can't disable the antenna option?

Well if you're in the UK I'll come and take it off your hands, because yes I do on happen to watch live TV.

Bit of a first world problem...

17 hours ago, Nick Marazzo said:

Oh thanks for your so helpful input on the validity of my complaint on the manufacture of said device web forums.

But it is not really a complaint is it.  What you mean is that it is a feature you would like that is not currently available on the TV.  If of course this was the defining  feature of a TV why did you not investigate first and purchase a brand that offers such a quality?  Just because it is 2019 does not guarantee any product will have what you want baked in to it, doing research before you buy something would be my advise.  Hope you find that advise more helpful.

When you find a manufacture that does have this feature please let the forum know for those who may be interested.

Also it is a television...  You know to watch TV on otherwise with no tuners it would be a monitor...

• 3 weeks later...

This is a legitimate request, the whole point of a smart TV, here in LG's case, is to allow easy and full use of the WebOS apps home screen.   It just makes matters worse that not only can we not select the webOS as a default input, but we can't even turn off the live tv tuner input.  It is a pretty major oversight in any case. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don’t know how I did this I was playing with my TV for an hour because the static sound was infuriating, well I held down the home buttom for several seconds typed in 11105 and it went to ‘’DTV’’ says no signal and is now just displaying beautiful wallpapers! No more static when my TV turns on! Give it a try make sure your no signal image is turned on under general settings, hope this helps :) 

Hi guys . as a work around . Web OS can remember the last input that was selected. You can change the input to one of the HDMI inputs so that whenever the TV is turned ON it will go to HDMI and just scroll through Random Beautiful Pictures saying No Signal . Another work arount is do an auto Scan or Auto tuning for live TV without Antenna or Cable connected so that it will not detect any channel, if it will not detect any channel , whenever you go to live TV it will just scroll through random images showing No signal.  

I hope LG can add a setting that can let the user to choose BETWEEN booting up to Inputs like what its currently doing AND booting up directly to the Homepage . 

I love the current setup because I use a Set Top Box and it works great but it will be better if there will be a settings like what I suggest above . 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Nick Marazzo said:

@George Hofmeister Aren't you gonna come in here and tell all these new people to this thread that they should of done more research or w/e and that their complaints aren't valid? or did you just feel like being a contrarying to me?

Hi Nick

Yes, to the latter, because you already seem to have understood my point.

However in an attempt to be helpful I have done some investigation and found an LG YouTube video that shows how to set up a TV that will not be used for live TV services, the link below should start at the point with the relevant setting:

link hidden, please login to view

Hopefully this will be of more use than people whining about features they did not think to ask about before they purchased a product. 

Oh see what I did there!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      [Check out the previous episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series ]
      The third and final installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG products can make working and entertaining at home more enjoyable and fulfilling.
      Given the environment the world now finds itself in, devices and gadgets that offer better at-home productivity and entertainment solutions loomed large at this year’s CES. The biggest names in consumer tech offered up a multitude of innovations in their virtual showrooms geared toward making life better for the millions who now work and play primarily within the confines of their homes.
      As a consumer electronics company, LG has always had its finger on the pulse of what customers want and need. With its latest innovations in monitors, laptops and projectors, LG is helping consumers optimize their lives at home, whether they’re partaking in a marathon video conference call, wrapping up a class project, mashing the keys of their favorite MMORPG or kicking back with a blockbuster movie or bingeworthy show.

A popular upgrade for working at home is a bigger monitor. LG UltraWide Monitor offers the best of two worlds, with an expansive 40-inch curved screen that displays more information so you can be even more productive, while also delivering a truly cinematic viewing experience once the work day is done. Boasting a Nano IPS display with 5K2K UltraWide (5,120 x 2,160) resolution and 21:9 aspect ratio, this multitasking powerhouse boasts 33 percent more screen real estate than a 16:9 aspect ratio sized monitor with picture quality that makes every movie and video more immersive to watch.

While also ideal for getting work done, LG UltraGear gaming monitors really excel when there is some serious fun to be had, with its blazing speed, sharp and smooth image quality, futuristic design, and a multitude of gaming-specific features. LG’s UltraGear series offer an ultra-fast Nano IPS 1 millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time and reduced input latency, ensuring seamless visuals and gameplay around. Most importantly, minimal screen-tearing and stuttering makes games look and feel more realistic so you can play your very best.

For a more portable work option that can be easily transported from the living room to the dining room (and anywhere in between), one would do well to consider LG’s latest LG gram laptops. Available in 14-, 16- and 17-inch screen sizes, the 2021 gram models boast 16:10 aspect ratio displays that are perfect for laptop multitasking. Equipped with the latest Intel processors, speedy memory and responsive keyboards, LG grams deliver a performance befitting their sleek, premium designs.
      Stylish, slim and very lightweight, the 2021 LG grams feature narrower bezels that make it possible for these devices to feature screens larger than their svelte cases might indicate.

Movie-going has been seriously curtailed in many countries due to social distancing measures. And while some might consider a TV, monitor or even a laptop adequate for movie night at home, real cinephiles would likely bristle at the prospect. LG’s new CineBeam 4K UHD Laser projector was designed for such consumers in mind, delivering an authentic movie theater-like experience that will please even ardent cinema buff.

The advanced projector provides optimal image quality regardless of the brightness of the room, thanks to LG’s proprietary Brightness Optimizer technology. What’s more, this portable 11 kilogram unit can transform wall or ceiling into a “silver screen” so audiences will get great picture quality whether seated or lying down.

With a wide range of choices to suit a wide variety of needs and preferences, LG’s latest innovations make it easy to work and have fun from the comforts of home.
      # # #
      *  Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.

• By Danny Measho
      I connected my laptop one time to my LG TV, and I can now see all my photos from my PC on my TV. Anyone know how to remove that?
    • By News Reporter
      [Check out the first episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series .]
      This installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG’s products are helping people stay healthier wherever they go.
      Staying healthy goes hand in hand with practicing good hygiene both inside and outside the home. And if CES 2021 is anything to go by, appliances and devices that promote better hygiene will be one of the major trends in consumer electronics this year and quite probably for the foreseeable future. Always responsive to the needs and concerns of its global customers, LG showcased several products and technologies at its virtual CES exhibit that are designed to boost hygiene and protect people’s wellbeing. Let’s take a look at some of the company’s latest health-centric innovations and how they can make life better.

For anyone who feels that a conventional face mask just doesn’t do enough to keep them safe, or is too uncomfortable to wear on a daily basis, LG presents the revolutionary LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier. The innovative device uses two H13 HEPA filters to prevent up to 99 percent of harmful particles from entering the wearer’s respiratory system,1 and makes breathing easy (unlike your average face mask) with its DUAL Fans and the patented Respiratory Sensor, which syncs the fans with the user’s breathing cycle. And thanks to a design based on extensive facial analysis, the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier also offers day-long comfort.

The LG PuriCare Wearable is just one of the company’s growing lineup of premium air-care solutions, which also includes residential models and a handy portable option that is great for cars, cafés or even a baby’s stroller! Fast becoming a must-have item in the home and office, air purifiers can rid the indoor environment of fine dust particles and other airborne matter that can be detrimental to one’s health.

LG PuriCare 360° Air Purifier boasts a distinctive 360-degree design and powerful fan that enables the device to send out fresh, filtered air in every direction and to all parts of the room. A great option for those who share their abode with furry friends, the LG PuriCare Pet eliminates pet-related odors up to 55 percent more effectively than the standard LG PuriCare 360° model.2 With its specialized Pet Mode, it can draw in pet hair, as well as dust and other microscopic particles as small as 0.01 micrometers in size thanks to HEPA Filter3, to help keep the home free of sneeze- and itch-inducing allergens.

And then there is the PuriCare Mini Air Purifier, a model that provides supreme portability with a size and weight equivalent to that of a plastic, 500 milliliter bottle of water. Fitting easily on a desk, table or car seat, PuriCare Mini can refresh the user’s immediate environment for up to eight hours on a single charge and also collects dust from the air to ease allergy-related problems.4 What’s more, the Bluetooth-enabled device lets users monitor the quality of the air around them via the LG ThinQ app for smartphone.

In conjunction with effective air purification, a high-quality vacuum cleaner is essential to creating a healthy, hygienic place to live. Making its debut at CES 2021, LG’s latest cordless stick vacuum, the CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor+, comes with a brand-new charging station that automatically empties the vacuum’s dustbin. This outstanding feature saves users from a messy job and prevents dust from escaping back into the environment.
      Another excellent feature of the new CordZero model is its ability to transform from vacuum to mop (and back again) with its easy-change cleaning attachments. With the Power Mop attached, LG’s multifunctional cleaning solution sucks in dust while wetting and cleaning the floor. Conveniently, water is automatically dispensed into the mop head to keep it from getting dry, thereby ensuring optimal results and minimizing fuss for the user.

LG even provides a way to remove germs and bacteria as well as allergens5 from clothes while simultaneously delivering that freshly dry-cleaned look without any expensive, time-consuming trips to an actual dry cleaner. Introducing the amazing LG Styler.
      From jackets to dresses, from business shirts to pants and winter coats, LG Styler can refresh and revitalize all kinds of clothing as well as items like teddy bears and backpacks. The Styler uses LG’s TrueSteam® technology to ensure the hygiene of users’ garments, and moving hangers to shake out any unsightly wrinkles. It also has the Pants Press feature built into its door, which creates a sharp pants crease that helps users look good and frees them from the hassle of ironing.

Assisting consumers and their loved ones to stay healthy both inside and outside the home, the latest solutions from LG deliver impressive hygiene benefits and peace of mind. And during these trying times, those are two things that can really mean a lot.
      Stay tuned for future installments of TECH TRENDS here at LG Beyond News.
      # # #
      1 Blocks 99.95 percent of harmful particles with 99.95 percent elimination rate H13 HEPA filters, removing micro particles such as dust, virus, bacteria and allergen. Certified by TÜV Rheinland for eliminating 97.3 percent of viruses and 93.5 percent of bacteria in 8m3 room and 99.1 percent of pollen in 3m3 room with ambient temperature of 25°C (± 2°) and relative humidity of 50 (±10) percent. Product specifications may vary depending on regions and performance results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      2 Test conducted by TÜV Rheinland comparing maximum suction of PuriCare Pet (model AS190DNPA) and standard PuriCare (model AS199DWA) in 8m3 lab at temperature of 23.0° C (± 5.0°) with a relative humidity of 55 percent (± 15 percent). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      3 Test conducted by Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM). Based on internal testing methods using PuriCare 360° (AS281DAW) in a chamber of 30m3. Results demonstrated that, on average, LG PuriCare is at least 95 percent effective at deodorizing ammonia, acetaldehyde, acetic acid, toluene and formaldehyde. It is also 100 percent effective at removing toluene, and formaldehyde from an enclosed environment (KIMM standard test conditions: 4m2, substances used in test: SO2, NO2). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors),
      4 Test conducted by Intertek for clearing 99% of 0.3㎛ particulate matter at the High Speed Mode(H) within 155 minutes in the space of 8m3. Results may vary on depending on the environment and use of the unit.
      5 Test conducted by Korean Apparel Testing and Research Institute (KATRI). Steam Hygiene option sanitizes 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pneumococcal bacillus, for 6.4 kilograms load, the international standard test load. Also, certified by the British Allergy Foundation (BAF) for reducing 99.9 percent of house dust mite allergens and Esche-richia coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Certified as an asthma and allergy friendly® appliance by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).

• By News Reporter
      Across the world, hospitals and health care facilities have been put to the ultimate test, pushed to their absolute limits. To help ease the burden on the Polish health care system, LG supported the 29th Annual Grand Finale fundraiser hosted by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (GOCC), the largest independent non-profit charity in Poland, to raise money that will be used to help care for the nation’s most vulnerable children.

Since 1993, the GOCC has been supporting and promoting health care in Poland by purchasing state-of-the-art medical equipment for the nation’s hospitals and clinics, as well as establishing and running several medical and educational programs. The charity’s Grand Finale fundraiser on January 31 was packed to the brim with events, activities, concerts and sporting challenges that brought diverse communities together for non-stop fun and fund raising. By reaching out to regions with thriving Polish communities, the GOCC was also able to set up 79 international Collection Centres in locations such as Singapore, Bali, Mexico and as far away as a research station at the North Pole.

LG kitted the Grand Finale TV studio out with 80 LG monitors, among them professional 4K LG UltraFine monitors with Ergo stands for use by studio volunteers during the grueling 27 hour long fundraiser that was televised nationally and streamed live on the Grand Finale website.

To raise awareness and encourage more people to get involved, LG Poland also donated a smart LG Vivace washer dryer with Allergy Care to the Grand Finale’s online charity auction. Featuring steam to disinfect clothes and eliminate germs, LG Vivace proved to be a highly sought after product, attracting a host of bidders. To bring even more viewers and donations to the table, LG and partners promoted the GOCC 2021 event continuously on their social media channels.

Photo Credit: Lukasz Widziszowski
      “With everything that has been going on and the social-distancing restrictions in place, this year we decided to focus on a digital fundraiser to introduce our kindhearted benefactors to donating online.” said GOCC spokesperson Olga Zawada. “Preliminary results totaled PLN 127,495,626 (USD 34.2 million), making it one of the highest preliminary amounts we’ve raised in our almost 30-year history, thanks in large part to online donations.” All proceeds from the auction were used to purchase potentially life-changing medical equipment for laryngology, otolaryngology and head diagnostics.
      Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman, GOCC (Photo Credit: Marcin Wichon)
      In an interview at the studio, Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman of the Board of the GOCC, personally thanked LG Poland for its contribution to the Grand Finale and LG’s entire Poland team is proud to have been able to support this noble initiative that shares LG’s goals – to make lives better.
      By LG Poland Staff
      # # #

• By Colin Todd
      After using iPlayer app on my lg nano TV when I tune to BBC 1 be, the audio starts in sync but rapidly goes to several seconds delay .