Quantcast

Help Urgent ( LG ) External HD

I assume you have not used a HDD with NO sensitive data (or empty) on it. Mistake #1.

For the future: always assume that the device will be formatted and all data will be lost if you connect a storage to a new device. Always backup your data before this step.

In your case, try to recover your data using one or all of the following tools (all windows):

link hidden, please login to view

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By whaleandtuna
      Please Help. I have LG qned tv with webOS 23
      1) What I did: with svc remote -> in start -> 0413 and all, area option was changed.
      I was trying many numbers to find the code for KR (which didn't work).
      2) What I wanted : change area option from CA -> KR (widely known area codes do not work)
      Original code: CAD 22411

3) Problem: Once I put a number between 19461 ~ 19489, Language&Country is set to EU and would not change the country with the other numbers.
      Area option: 19461 ~ 19489 Continent index: 5 ~ 33 Language & Country: EU  
      Now I put 22411 to change it back to original region, but the country would not change from EU to CA, the area option is back to 19461.
      If anyone is trying the area option numbers, don't put any number between them.
      If any one knows how to resolve, please help me to escape from EU.. I am so desperate.

FYI just in case
      hk 17930
      hk 17935
      co 17560
      ph 15670
      cn 17816
      ja 17211
      aj 17083
      tw 17432
      pa 17679
      hn 18618
      ca 18362
      mx 18456
      hn 18584
      br 18789
      cl 18876
      pe 19033
      ar 19123
      ec 19251
      jp 19345

• By pivotCE
      The webOS community may be a bit smaller these days but it’s no less devoted to the platform. WebOS Ports is a small team of developers. As you can imagine, it is a few people to maintain a full OS that consists of thousands of components. Things are starting to come together for LuneOS, with the current major rebase and stable release. But we still need your help.
      As nice as it is to have some additional folk contributing, developing, and working on issues, we still need more developers to get involved to make this community project really take off.
      “Our focus is core functionality”
      We cannot stress enough that we are building an OS focused on core app integration that is simple, beautiful, and user-centric. Right now, function comes first. If we had a penny for every developer that knew some web code and could make a beautiful static mock-up of an app that didn’t do a thing in the backend and then said “I did my part, it’s up to you to make it work”…well, we’d have a lot of pennies.
      Developer requirements
      Once core app integration happens we will need HTML/CSS smart people. But to be an asset to the team, you need to have a good grasp on any or all of these technologies:
      Javascript C node.js C++ QML Qt Yocto Graphics design Are you decent at some of these, but might need help from time to time? That’s fine!  We’re a community, remember?  Hit up the
      link hidden, please login to view and/or channel and ask! Get the bugs out!
      We have several applications already available but many are placeholders or have basic functionality. Some of the apps are almost fully functional like Settings. But even Settings has bugs and can use refinement.  OK there are bugs everywhere! (If only it were as easy as a can of Raid to fix them)!  We’ve received lots of questions about how to get plugged into the project quickly.  Easy! Head over to our  to see current issues. Find an area where you think you can help and then find us on or (see below) to talk about it.
      Some examples of areas that need bug fixing are:
      Email: Some minor bug fixes Settings: Add Settings when needed Phone: Further polishing Calendar: Google C+Dav integration needs updating to adopt for Google’s changes Browser: Rework UI to be more webOS/LuneOS like And more. Core Apps/Features/Backend magic
      The Open webOS project released several core applications that were Enyo1 based.  These apps are in LuneOS
      Messaging: Needs a rework or rewrite to give proper functionality similar to legacy webOS PDF needs converting to QML. LuneOS also needs a media player app (maybe reuse/rework the webOS OSE app for this?). The C+Dav connector is there, but it needs updating for various changes by Google. It also needs testing for other providers. Additional IM connectors would be good to implement (Telegram, Signal) etc, there are existing plugins exist for Pidgin/libpurple that can be used. Looks aren’t everything
      As you can see, to really make stuff work first, most of what we need is in the backend.  It’s the old battle between form and function. Which comes first?  Designers will argue form!  But Ports is focused on the core functionality that has to work first and look pretty later. It’s a hard pill to swallow and we get that, but when building an OS, it’s the most important thing. If it looks pretty but doesn’t work, the project loses potential users. If it works but doesn’t look pretty it will at least show promise and that encourages positive feedback. And with a community led project, if you don’t have good feedback you’ve already lost.
      Additional help wanted
      Ports is looking to expand our public relations presence. If you are located outside of the United States or more specifically speak a different language than English and would like to help us advertise and direct interested people toward LuneOS and WebOS Ports, please let us know.
      We are also looking for a WordPress “expert” for a new site we’ll be setting up soon. Are you good at making tutorials?
      We have several “How to install LuneOS guides” on the wiki. If you’d like to make friendly guides, that’d be great!
      And finally, we need a “wiki-meister”. Someone that really knows the ins and outs of running a mediawiki!
      Get involved
      Everyone can help in some way. We need testers and bug reports! Sign up on the , contact us to let us know that you signed up and what your username is, and we’ll upgrade your account so you can post issues.
      Developers please join us on and/or drop by the IRC channel
      How to Contact WebOS Ports
      Want to get involved? Have a question? Get in touch with us.
      [email protected]
      Twitter: 
      IRC (Libera):
      Telegram:
      Issue Tracker: 
       User Support Forums
      Join the forum .
      The post first appeared on . Related posts:

• By Tom S.
      New user to the forum!  
      My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.
      I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Velvet_Noir
      Hi, I have the option to right click and pick the subtitles on my Mac when watching movies in the VLC Player, but I can’t do this on the LG OLED, though. I already renamed the subtitle file to be the exact same as the video file and I did have the SRT file in the same folder where the movie is. However, when I connect the hard drive to the TV, the subtitle still doesn't appear. The format of my hardrive is NTFS. Can anyone please offer some advice?
    • By Scotty
      Hello, LGLovers
      I'm looking for pure clairty here, so I have a 43lm6300pla and it's my wish to plug in an external hard drive to record freeview. Now I was under the impression you could get a 2tb hard drive, plug in and go but it seems a lot more difficult than that and I don't want to spend a fair amount of money for it to be useless. 
      The information on the TV regarding the criteria is a bit contradicting. Basically yes use a external hard drive but don't use an external hard drive. Use a drive that's powered by a cable. 
      The Seagate expansion plus 2tb sounds utter perfect but I'm too apprehensive to purchase it. 

If some one can shed some light on this I'd be almighty grateful

S