Quantcast

ARC and Netflix

Pioneer123

Question

Hope someone can help please.

I have 79" UHD LG TV which has my Home Theatre amp (Anthem MRX510) connected to HDMI 3 to provide 4K content from my Mac Mini using Plex.

I have recently signed up for Netflix and want to use the amp to rebroadcast the sound but when I switched on ARC it just killed the sound altogether. So a few questions first.

1. When Netflix is running which HDMI port would the sound come from?

2. Has anyone had any luck making ARC work with other equipment?

3. Would I be better switching to another HDMI channel to run Netflix and have a cable connected from the designated HDMI channel to the 2nd Monitor output of the amp (both outputs support ARC)?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By cptl
      Hi,
      My problem is that my Netflix app on my LG tv (OLED65B13LA) keeps selecting the leftmost button, it's impossible to scroll the cursor to the right to select another button. I tried resetting the tv to factory defaults - after installing Netflix again the issue is exactly the same.
      I also tried disconnecting the tv from power for a few minutes. Plus I contacted Netflix, but they said I need to contact TV manufacturer before they log a possible bug in the app :/.
      My Amazon Prime app works perfectly fine on the same tv.
      Any thoughts?
    • By Sandtonman
      I have an LG 55NANO86VNA TV. It has always displayed Netflix and other content in DV with no issues.
      Since the recent TV firmware update to 4.50.51, although Netflix shows DV content available, the TV no longer displays the DV logo top-right when any DV content is started.
      Nano TV also does not play test DV content on a USB memory stick in DV. This used to play as DV, and still plays fine with DV logo top-right on my older LG TV.
      Dolby Vision is 22.11.
      Anyone else seen this issue. Any suggestions please.
    • By Edgar Corona
      I have a 55" smartv, i'm having problems with Netflix app, anyone knows why, i can't open de app, everything after and update send it by the tv..
    • By Apan Chakraborty
      Netflix is not Working on my TV though it is in the Remote Button. After pressing that button, it is going to LG content store and it's showing 'Content is unavailable. This function is not available.'