Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pioneer123

New Firmware 5.00.04 Broke my TV!!!!

Question

My TV has just automatically installed the new firmware rev 5.00.04 and now the HDMI connection is dropping out every 5-10 minutes to my AV amp. It never did this before and it basically makes the TV unwatchable.

​I have even changed the AV amp to verify its the TV and it still does it. A factory reset hasn't fixed it either.

My TV is a 79" 79UB980T and I am in Singapore.

Anyone have any suggestions for a cure?

Cheers

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

7 answers to this question

Hi, I also have an Asian LG 55UB850T. The recent firmware 05.00.04 is so buggy. It randomly turns off my tv. I can't switch channels smoothly because it doesn't register my remote control orders. Basically it's a mess. Is there a downgrade available? Thank you.

Well I had the LG technician come over to my place this week as TV is still under warranty and he didn't even know about Rev 5.00.04!!!!

Safe to say that until a fix comes from LG don't hold your breath. I told the guy if it isn't fixed within a month then the TV goes back and I want a refund.....

was in live chat for an hour..
the answer I got was turn off Simple link.

asked about new firmware they said with in 3 weeks for a fix.. and there was no way to down grade.

I already tried turning off Simple Link but didn't make a lot of difference, sounds like they are just trying to buy time until they figure out whats gone wrong......

As for down grading, you should have mentioned that on their official forums there is a way to down grade haha

1 person likes this

Post up the link to it.. I can nto seem to find the official forums

My 65UB950V was automatically updated from 04.55.55 which mostly worked with the exceptoin for Rasperry Pi 2 w/OSMC.tc w/Kodi. Well, after upgrade, OSMC hdmi (remote) works, but  over a period of 1-2 hours TV webOS becomes slower until I have to turn it off and on again to make webos respond.  Seems like a typical memory leak issue. Asked LG if I could downgrade, but that is not an option. He asked me to turn of SimpleLink too, which doesn't make any difference.  Suggestions?   Someone mentioned 5.00.12 firmware is available?

I have 47LB750T and recently it auto updated to software version 05.00.04, I now get "app out of memory" error very frequently and the TV restarts every time that error occurs. Called the tech support and was told to do a factory reset but it did not help at all. There is a version 04.62.50 on LG's support page but I was unable to downgrade using the method in the manual.

A search on Google took me to this website http://blog.techflaws.org/2014/05/26/firmware-downgrade-for-lg-smart-tvs/comment-page-4/#comment-16773 but not sure if it will work for my model.