Quantcast

because I can not install or update apps?

Vanilton Coelho

Question

Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04

WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.

I am not sure what you mean by "It happens to apps also store to at new install"  but I had failed installs and glitches with some updates for the Amazon and Netflix apps. It was due to the fact I updated these apps before updating my firmware (WebOS) I ended up uninstalling everything and re-installing and never had the issue again. Your issue may be different, but that is the only problem I had. No issues since. My TV is a 65UF8500 though.

I had to take the TV to service. They say that they did a re-soft. _However_, I have a feeling that the problem I had may be related to network firewalls.

You see, I had the problem with the brand new TV that I unboxed at my workplace (where there may be some tcp filtering going on). However, after service, I took it _home_. So I would know.

Once home, the supposedly fixed TV had an even more serios problem: LG content store would just show a blank black screen. But the Browser worked, just as it was working back at workplace, where it had the original error.

This time it was because of spotty wi-fi signal. I solved it temporarily with a wi-fi repeater, an then found a way to stick an ethernet cable into it.

And now everything works.

HTH

I fixed this issue on a friends OLED55B6T (was on version 03.10.??) after trying all fixes I could online and this forum (delete app, change location etc etc...)

Steps:

1) Settings>General>Reset to Initial Settings

2) skip all the 'first us' questions

3) Network>Wi-Fi Connection

*I then used personal hotspot on my iPhone as tge wifi connection THIS WAS ESSENTIAL!

4) General>About this TV>Check for updates.

Above was the only way the TV would successfully would find then update to 04.30.04 

Otherwise it said there were none and stayed on 03.10.?? and all the issues attempting to update/install amazon app were experienced.

Once on 04.30.04 I was able to update over my friends standard wifi (router) once connect which again found an even newer version upon another update check to 05.30.03.

based on those symptoms I'd say that firmware version number didn't like updates over wifi from his router...

i hope this helps someone else!

• Thanks 1

Happened to me yesterday in my new LG 65UK6300. I was frustrated, and did several factory resets. I always skipped the channel search setup bc I don't have cable, only apps. One time I decided to do it, just to try something different. I noticed it actually says if you skip that some TV features will not be available for use. After it was done I could update Netflix, Fox, and download any app. I hope this helps.

Quick fix is setup your TV then go to wifi click on advanced and put manual IP then login to your modem router and disable firewall for your TV IP adress after go to TV accept all terms in settings and go to install app or what you need to upgrade .after finish go to modem and enable firewall for your TV IP again so your safe.(if you dont have the option to disable firewall just for 1 device just disable firewall in router  until you do the job and after is done enable it again.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:49 AM, Kareem33 said:

I fixed this issue on a friends OLED55B6T (was on version 03.10.??) after trying all fixes I could online and this forum (delete app, change location etc etc...)

Steps:

1) Settings>General>Reset to Initial Settings

2) skip all the 'first us' questions

3) Network>Wi-Fi Connection

*I then used personal hotspot on my iPhone as tge wifi connection THIS WAS ESSENTIAL!

4) General>About this TV>Check for updates.

Above was the only way the TV would successfully would find then update to 04.30.04 

Otherwise it said there were none and stayed on 03.10.?? and all the issues attempting to update/install amazon app were experienced.

Once on 04.30.04 I was able to update over my friends standard wifi (router) once connect which again found an even newer version upon another update check to 05.30.03.

based on those symptoms I'd say that firmware version number didn't like updates over wifi from his router...

i hope this helps someone else!

This is the only way ...

Thank you so much 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, hassan doukhi said:

This is the only way ...

Thank you so much 

It did not work for me. It has something to do with the internet connection, so I tried to change the Wi-Fi settings to manual. I kept everything except the DNS server whitch I changed to 1.1.1.1. And everything started working just fine.

OK . here is what worked for me. 

- connect to internet through mobile hotspot. 

- do the app installation/update/activation/ whatever with  this connection.

- make sure that apps are working 

- reconnect wifi and check whether thet apps are working 

i'm sure its something to do with firewall settings. rather than messing with router settings, this is straight forward and simple! 

• Thanks 1

I tried to install ChannelsPlus app, it wouldn’t install. Then I changed inputs using the remote. Live TV had the app I was trying to install. LG content store still shows ChannelsPlus app not installed. I guess in my case “If its not broken then don’t fix it.”

On 2/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, Nadia said:

Solved!

Similar solution to Nadia's worked for me.

I went into the advanced WiFi settings on the TV and changed DNS server to Google's:

For some daft reason it was pointing to the same address as the gateway.

I'm sure there is a default DNS server for my ISP that would work also.

I'm no network boffin so maybe someone with the smarts can tell me whit's gahn oan?

Ta,

Wilburforce

• Like 1

I had the same problem app would not update. I already have DNS 8.8.8.8 as default from the  router. The way I got around it was to go  to the TVs Internet Settings and turn off IPV6. I was then able to update apps. 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:02 AM, Gayan Wickrama said:

OK . here is what worked for me. 

- connect to internet through mobile hotspot. 

- do the app installation/update/activation/ whatever with  this connection.

- make sure that apps are working 

- reconnect wifi and check whether thet apps are working 

i'm sure its something to do with firewall settings. rather than messing with router settings, this is straight forward and simple! 

Hi  and thank you ! I have tried everything, reset to factory settings, DNS change,...all the tricks didn't make it better. 

This is the only way if you cannot update / install apps in LG store. 

:) 

I have   the same problem with my OLED55CXAUA TV, Apps weren't able to update I got the same error message. I had a problem with Hulu so I uninstalled it. After that I couldn't re-download Hulu app. I did a computer chat with LG techs several times. The last chat after having me do all the standard fixes , the tech accessed my computer remotely . After a long wait he said I needed to do factory reset. Thats what I did. well that made things much worse. Now because all the apps were older ,they all needed to be updated ,so now I could use any of my streaming apps. So now I have to stream with Amazon firestick ,TV apps are useless. It only gets worse. The LG tech said that's all he could do remotely ,I needed an onsite tech to come to my house to check it . But because it is 17 months old I would have to pay for repair. In addition to that I bought it at Costco . They give a 2nd year extension of factory warrantee , plus I have an additional 3 years of Allstate service contract. I called Costco to have them repair it . They said it's not covered because it's a software issue and they don't cover software issues . So I called LG tech and asked if they would have fixed it under warrantee if it was under 12 months old .  He said they definitely would have.  So I called Costco back and if they are extending factory warrantee why won't they cover it if LG would have. They gave me some double talk but still refuse to do anything. So I'm stuck with a smart TV that now is the same as any regular TV. Both corporations LG and Costco are at fault I'm stuck in the Middle.