Quantcast

40 GB of free HD space to start the immediate recording??

chupo_cro

Question

What was the possible reason to implement the condition so there has to be at least 40 GB of free HD space to be able just to start the recording??

I made 2 partitions on my 160 GB hard disk - the first one of 40 GB assigned to Time Shift/Recording and the second one to store the movies - and now I cannot anymore start the immediate recording because it says 'There must be minimum 40 GB of free space to start the recording'!!

My question #01 is: Why in the h... would I've been forced to have the free space to store hours and hours of the recorded video if I want to record just a short TV show????

There, hovewer, is a (silly) workaround:

1. Just watch the show you want to record
2. After the show ends, rewind it back a few minutes before it began (Live Playback has obviously to be turned on)
3. Press RECORD and immediately after press STOP (and choose to save the content - that will save everything from the point where you rewound to present time)
4. Open Time Shift and start the newly recorded video
5. FF to the exact start of the show and press PAUSE
6. Use the mouse to press the arrow to open some additional commands and choose Save Selection (the in-point will be marked with A)
7. FF the video to the exact end of the show and press PAUSE
8. Press Save Selection one more time at the out-point to cut-out everything but the selected part of the video

This workaround allows you to 'record' even if you have less than 40 GB of free HD space, but that way the max. length of saved video is 1 h 30 min (because Live Playback saves only last one and a half hour).

My question #02 is: How it is supposed to fill the last 40 GB of the hard disk space if you can't even start the recording when you have 'only' 39.9 GB of free space????

The 1 h 30 min of Live recording can't 'eat' those 40 GB even if we are watching the maximum rate 1080i TV show so those 40 GB are not intended to be used by Live recorder. The only way to fill the last 40 GB of HD space seems to be in the case of recording for hours and hours!?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By Mario Futire
      Hi
      I have a Smart TV OLED55B16LA with Satellite and CAM Card.
      I can record Satellite programs, but it seems it only records the "default" language. When I play back the other language is lost.
      Is it possible to record all languages, or at least decide which one?
      Cheers

• By Mario Futire
      Hi I have a LG Smart TV (OLED55B16LA) and started using the recording feature.
      I would like to replace the USB HDD with a bigger one, so I have copied all the files from the old one to the new one.
      But when I put the new one in the TV it does not recognise it as a recording, it lets me browse the content. but of course being scrambled it is pointless.
      Is it possible to move all the recordings to a different disk and use it in the same TV?
      Cheers
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By seb0071
      I have just bought an OLED 48C14LB, and have mostly got to grips with the OS, except for the programme recording function.
      I tested this by recording the news on BBC1,  via 'Programme Scheduler' whilst watching live tv on ITV3.  All worked ok with the recording  playing back from the 128GB stick in 'USB 1'.
      Having since tried to record something else in the same way, I get an on screen message saying that the recording is about to take place, and I click on 'OK'.
      When the recording starts, the tv station that I am watching switches to the station that I want to record from, and when I switch back, I get a message saying that the recording I have set up is not possible if I change channels.
      Any help wil be much appreciated.
    • By reshmamary
      I am using playstation in HDMI port I wanna to recirds the game which I play.. is that possible. If yes pls ping me the solution
    • By datdarndot
      I have a one year-old model 43UK6500AUA, with standard remote only (no Magic Remote). I can find no mention anywhere of Time Machine. Does this model not include Time Machine  II functionality? Must one have a Magic Remote to reveal this feature? I am also baffled by numerous references in the forum to using HDMI , which should not be necessary if using the TV's built-in tuner, as I intend to do. There is also mention of using USB3 for the external HDD. My TV has only  two  USB ports : USB1 and USB2 — or does this refer to USB 3.0 version (as opposed to USB 2.0)?
    • By anand shinde
      please permit to record screen through hdmi.