Quantcast

Few questions about LG 42LB700v fw update/restore plex etc.

queenblight`

Question

Lg 42lb700v-za

FW 3.25.15

It offers 4.30.16 do I update?

Will I still be able to see plex media server that is on my pc or only the LG smart share application..

Will the menus and smart menus be more responsive or more sluggish

Will I get the erros that everyone is complaining about like - not enough memory and such.

Is it possible to restore to 3.25.15 if I dont like the 4.30.15 update?

Thank you in advance

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By Lgrump
      Is it just me or is the plex app just unusable on webos.  When I try to select dvr items with the magic remote they just don’t play.  I am not sure if this is a plex issue or an lg webos issue.  Anyone know which it is?
    • By Jason Worthen
      I need to set my plex app settings to allow insecure connections. and I have tried everything to find a menu to the plex app settings. But I cant seam to find a way there.

• By Leorge
      LG 42LB700V tv not corresponding to all the commands remote and intergrated.  Also presents a yellow screen every 15 minutes  for a couple of minutes or more.  Cant go into menu for setting controls. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• By Arthur Dent
      1-Want to use Google meet, WebOS browser says not compatible, can’t install Firefox, chrome or edge browsers...is there a way to achieve this ?
      2-can I use a webcam with a MIC with this TV ?
      3- is there a way to disable the update popup reminder ? Don’t want to update as reports of big issues with the latest update thanks