Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

lsdoc77

Stream DVD from PC

Question

3 answers to this question

Shouldn't you be able to set up vcl as a streaming service and then the TV can connect to it as it would any other DLNA video source? It was a long time since I messed with VLC, but I do recall that it had some experimental streaming services...

/S

After searching a little it on the net , I think that vlc cannot stream to DLNA tv.So I believe it is not possible.It has many streaming options but I could not make it work with my lg tv.

If someone has any other experience , please share it.. :)

Try plex media server (or xbmc) you can point the dvd (or any other folder where your movies are) and on the smart share app the tv will see it, bare in mind that it could load quite a bit if the movie is 1080p,2k,4k or 3d

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: I can't stream videos

I can't stream videos the page will open but there is no play icon on any video 

By Ramia, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Trouble pairing up bluetooth wireless headphones.

LG 43UJ634V 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV This is the tv I am having trouble pairing my JVC wireless bluetooth headphones. I have the 55 inch version in my lounge and they paired up with that instantly but not with the 43 inch model which is in my bedroom. I have a pair of in ear cheap headphones which pair on both but I need the other ones as I am partially deaf, without them I miss all the background noises ect and its proving annoying. Thanks in advance

By Wiccy Allsop, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Unable to use LG 43LF6300 in wireless mode with Laptop Dell Lattitude 3450

I am having TV LG  43LF6300 and it is connected with a WiFi Router.  I am able to connect Mobile devices with the TV through the Router. I have Dell Laptop Model Lattitude 3450 with Windows 10 OS updated to latest updates as on today.   I am trying to connect my Laptop display in wireless to above TV, it is not getting connected. Tried several methods from google search. No workable solution found.    Can anyone help. Thank you.

By Sunil Kadam, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Streaming BBCA Video Unwatchable On Wired OLED65C7P LGWebOS But Fine On External Wireless ChromeBook

Just bought new LG OLED65C7P and am blow away with the picture quality of HDR.  I am running the latest available LG  WebOS update:  04.70.36           3.7.0-5711401 (dreadlock s2-drto) Netflix, Pandora, and Amazon Prime all seem to work fine over LG WebOS My cable company only offers the BBC America channel in SD (Ugh!) so I decided to stream directly from  BBCAmerica.com ("Killing Eve" S1E1). My LG OLED65C7P is currently wired to my LAN running approximately 60 mbps as measured with SpeedTest.com. As another data point, My NetFlix LG OLED65C7P application tests the network ats approximately 66 mbps. Using LGWebOS, I browsed to BBCAmerica.com  to play "Killing Eve" S1E1.  It  attempted to stream but ultimately hung. I then hooked up a Chromebook using a wireless connection on my LAN ,  attached it to HDMI1, and it worked just fine. This makes NO SENSE to me.  How does a WIRELESS  Chromebook over the same LAN and website totally outperform a WIRED LG WebOS? Your thoughts / solutions / explanations gratefully solicited?  Thank you in advance.                            sit  

By PeterAnagon, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 4 answers
    • Question: LG web os TV and LG soundbar - sound drop/ Cutoff / issue wireless

Hi,   I'm not sure its the right place but at any case i will describe my issue here and maybe you will be able to help: Recently I bought a a TV and a sound bar, and i have some issue from the moment i get the TV. TV model - LG 55LB679Y with latest firmware version i have at my country (Israel) - 04.30.16
      SoundBar - LG NB4540 the TV connected to sound bar by "wireless simplink" feature 'LG TV' and TV connected to My Wireless router. every 5 - 15 minutes, i have sound drops / Cutoff / stooped / Interruption, seem like the TV loose connection to sound-bar for few seconds or something similar, it's happen from any AV source im using HDMI, USB... and the local re-seller replace the sound-bar to a new one (same modal off course) and i didn't help.  
      i have try to troubleshot the problem in the last few weeks - but didn't succeed to solve it, and also the support / costumer service didn't have solution for this.   some steps i take when troubleshot this issue:
      * different wireless configuration on router -  different channels, SSID, Security - issue still persist. * another wireless router - issue still persist. * working with optical cable to sound bar - just for testing - working ok, but i need the wireless feature working this the reason i bought sound bar and TV from the same manufacturer.
      * disconnect the TV from wireless network - looks like it's working ok, but didn't had chance to test it for long time.   from my point of view looks like it's issue with wireless device on TV not able to to work in parallel with soundbar and wireless network for some reason, It could be caused bysoftware issue on WebOS or Hardware issue with this TV model.   I really hope you be able to help me or throw some light on this case.

Kind regards,
      Matan

By Matan Faragi, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 39 answers