Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

lensky

Australian Customers - Freeview Plus

Just a shout out to anyone trying to get freeview plus working. I bought an LG WEB OS TV and was wondering where is this feature when i couldnt find it in stores?

After some digging I found out I needed to not only had to firmware update the TV, but I also had to FACTORY DEFAULT it.

After doing so freeview works(althought doesnt like the pointer remote).

For more info see the press release.

http://www.lg.com/au/press-release/lg-brings-freeviewplus-to-its-smart-tv-lineup

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Update Chrome

How to Update Chrome which is embedded within the LG Web OS?

By Robert J Lafayette, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 2 votes
      • 5 answers
    • Question: 4.0 update for 2016-17 Smart TV

When will the 4.0 update be available for my 2016-17 LG Smart TV?  I just got Alexa and can't use it for the TV unless it has the 4.0 version.  Model #70UH6350-UB.

By blshambles, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 5 answers
    • Question: IPlayer / Freeview Play

I have a strange problem with freeview play and Iplayer on my 55 E6 I need help first is this the correct place to post 
      The problem started about 2 months ago 
      If i select a BBC program from the past by scrolling through the freeview guide Iplayer starts as usual But when it starts playing there is no picture or sound if subtitles are on you can see the the subtitles going by but no sound of picture.

if i start iplayer using the app UI to watch the same program it works fine 
      all other catch up works through the freeview guide 
      If i am watching a bbc program and press green to restart the program it works ok also
      I have contacted Freeview they told me to contact BBC 
      I have contacted bbc iplayer help they told me to contact LG 

I contacted John Lewis they sent an engineer he said he would report the issue to LG 
      I am told LG said they did not see it as a problem and would do nothing 
      I spoke to John Lewis again and was told LG tvs do not support Iplayer any more 

I also have a 55uh850v that I use in my cinema as a 3d monitor this tv is olso webos3 this tv has exactly the same problem 
      I also have a 49UH610v this works perfectly 
      I also have a OLED55B7V this has the freeview guide disappearing problem that is well documented in "LG TV Freeview Play" forum but when its working the Iplayer works ok
      I have 70mg fibre broad band and the tvs are on wired ethernet 

I do not know what to do next

By Anthony Place, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Update 04.10.15

Were can i read about the new update? Cant find it

By Rasmus Nilsson, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 2 answers
    • WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

By majorusa, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1,357 replies