Quantcast

Disable radio on LB650V series

Greetx

Question

Hi, I receive the TDT by antenna, and I receive radio signals along with it. When I type a channel number, e.g. 6, on the menu it appears DTV's 6 channel as first choice and Radio's 6 channel as second option, if you don't hit OK button you have to wait 5 seconds until it changes to DTV's 6 channel.

What I want is to get rid of the radio for good. I've tried omitting all radio channels on settings, but the keep appearing.

I don't know what to do, unless, maybe trying tuning all the channels again, but I don't want to go through the trouble of sorting channels again, is not as easy as on other TV's, I spent 10 minutes sorting 25 channels, when on my older TV it usually didn't take longer than 1 minute.

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By mdale9
      Recently bought 2021 model OLED 55” A1 with WebOS 6(I think). When watching anything on all4 ( I know I’m lucky that I could get all4 after reading about 2020 models), but there seems to be an issue that the TV doesn’t seem to realise that there is content playing and so the screensaver comes on every 2 minutes.  
      Anyone else got this issue and more important how to fix it?
    • By Azwan Azahari
      I hope LG will consider to enable the Disney+ Hotstar Apps for Model 2016 LG TV. My LG TV Model is 55UH617T.  I've raised this concern few times and hope LG will take necessary action.
    • By AdiLevit
      Hello Everyone
      We bought an LG TV model 43UP75003 in Europe. We want the menu to be in the Hebrew language and also to enjoy unique applications that exist in Israel.
      We entered the Area Option in the technicians menu. And any combination of numbers we entered did not change the region settings.
      I find it hard to believe that a company like LG will allow TV to be converted to any region in the world, and include all the languages of the world as any other brand in the world does, including the Palestine region, but they would not allow it into Hebrew !
      I guess I probably do not find the appropriate code for Israel. which oviessly got Change from previous years,  If there is anything that knows a solution to the issue. We would be happy to receive support.
    • By Rado Radev
      I just got a C1 TV.
      There is a small app home menu shown when the TV is turned on, it is located at the bottom of the display (Home Auto Launch).
      How can I access this after start up? I do not what to see the whole Home page when I want to switch to another app.
      Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Zedric
      After purchase my LG smart tv was able to pick up DTT (digital Terrestial Transmitters in the local area. These channels failed to work after some time and it was assumed that they were switched off due to the never ending wait for South Africa to migrate fully to digital.
      However tuning my sons Hi Sense tv the said channels were found and indeed are operational as  digital HD channels
      Returning to my LG tv i changed the location to digital , retuned and lo and behold the digital channels appeared on a multiplex on uhf  channel 49 (8mhz) however within a few minutes they disappeared never to be seen again isn spite of much time and many alternative settings.
      I have tried changing location, adding  channel 49 UHF manually which shows full signal strength and quality, but gives no digital programmes found.
      I have had to revert to the 4 terrestial channels to get any tv operation at all.
      I believe that my set has been crippled by LG. I am highly upset considering the cost of a uhd TV thats not capable of performing ito its original specification or  at its best.
      Any advice on how to obtain a working system ( frimware has been updated ) or the legal route to go to resolve this issue would be welcome.
      NB as a retired broadcast technologist i do have some knowledge of the industry so would welcome any technical perspectives if i have missed something
      thanks Mikei
    • By manus34
      I have a new lg 55uj634v tv and have an annoying issue.I live close to the border of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
      When I tune in my DTV,I get about 47 odd channels showing up on auto search,but when I go to watch them,The non Irish Channels all show up with Invalid Service with a little animation,so basically all the freeview Channels seem scrambled or something.
      Does anyone know what Invalid Service means or how I could get around this
    • By ConkSMASH
      So I have a handicapped brother who plays with this tv all day. He is very good with getting into things to the point where I, a fairly tech savvy guy, will scratch my head saying "how the hell did he do that?" 

When using this tv, he uses the remote from our cable box (Optimum/Samsung) which only controls the power and volume on the tv. But leave it to him to find something to toy with. He found that when the mute button is repeatedly pressed (something he regularly does), this menu pops up. (Pictured below) I don't even know how to access this menu with the factory remote. 

I figured maybe it was a software glitch, and maybe it would get corrected over time with a software update. So I updated it the other day from 04.00.30 to 04.05.25, but no such luck. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about if there's a way to disable it. I'm new here so I'm not sure if there's someone in particular I should direct this to that might be really great with the OS and can help.