Quantcast

PreCentral: Enable swipe to switch applications (LunaCE)

News Reporter

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

Tweaks - LunaCEOne of the defining features of webOS has always been the gestures that you can use to navigate around the OS. While the release of the TouchPad saw the first webOS device without a

link hidden, please login to view
, it still kept many of the same gestures that were found on webOS phones. You could still to minimize a card or to access the Application or Device dropdown menus, but gone was the ability to quickly switch apps with the ). Because, you know, no gesture area was there.

However, once HP released their Open Source for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to bring back the advanced gesture to quickly switch between apps as part of (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at . In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature.

Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Enable Side Bezel Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then swipe in from either side of the screen to switch to the next open app, based on the direction of you swipe. However, this functions a bit differently depending on if you have also enabled LunaCE's feature and the app is part of a larger .

• If Tabbed Cards is not enabled, swiping in from the side of the screen will switch to the next app, regardless of it's the next app in the same stack or in a separate stack.
  • If Tabbed Cards is enabled and your current app is not part of a larger stack, swiping in from the bezel will act the same as if Tabbed Cards aren't enabled and just switch you to the next app.
  • If Tabbed Cards is enabled and the app is part of a larger stack, swiping in from the side will first activate the tabbed card functionality and show the remaining cards in that stack as tabs on the side of the screen. You can then swipe in the from bezel again and it will switch to the first card in the next stack.
mf.gif

a2t.imgEm7JhTAmN5k

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Splash
      On power switches selected hdmi
    • By qix70
      Hi, could you help me please?
      Whats the code to enable DVR in my ToolOPT6 menu?
      My code now is 541641992
      my country is Italy area option code: 3122

Thanks  

• By kongo09
      I use an IPTV app to watch TV and would like it to start automatically when the TV is switched on. The TV insists switching on with the not working cable TV tuner.
      This is WebOS 5.5

• By Tony Levy
      I have a brand new LG OLEDC8PLA model and have both an input for my aerial and for my Satellite however i cannot seem to find anyway to switch from watching via my aerial, which is Spanish DTV and then switching to my Satellite to watch UK TV 
      I live in Spain hence the two systems.  When I press the home button on the remote the list is at the bottom  and displayed are LG Content Store HDMI3, LiveTV Freesat etc but no button with the aerial option, so the only way I can switch is to go into the main settings menu select Programme Tuning and switch the programme mode from Satellite to Antenna.
      This does not seem a very smart way to be able to switch
      Does anybody know if you can switch easily?
    • By News Reporter
      Relationship to Support Big Data, AI, Connected Cars,
      Digital Transformation and Robotics Applications

SEOUL, Jan. 10, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced joining the IBM Quantum Network to advance industry applications of quantum computing. By joining the IBM Quantum Network, LG will receive access to IBM’s quantum computing systems, as well as to IBM’s quantum expertise and Qiskit, IBM’s open-source quantum information software development kit.
      Using IBM Quantum technology, LG aims to explore applications of quantum computing in any areas requiring processing a large amount of data including AI, connected cars, digital transformation, IoT and robotics applications. LG will be able to leverage quantum computing hardware and software advances and applications as they emerge, in accordance with IBM’s
      link hidden, please login to view. By leveraging IBM Quantum technology, LG will be able to provide workforce training to its employees, permitting LG to investigate how potential breakthroughs can be applied to its industry. Quantum computing is an exciting evolution in computation. While classical computers calculate in bits that represent 0 and 1, quantum computers use qubits that harness quantum mechanical phenomena such as interference and entanglement in computation to solve problems that are fundamentally intractable for classical computers. As a result, quantum computing is well suited to help explore new solutions to a wide range of problems.
      The IBM Quantum team and LG are researching and exploring how quantum computing will help a ‎variety of industries and disciplines, including finance, energy, chemistry, materials science, ‎optimization and machine learning, among many others.
      “Based on our open innovation strategy, we plan to use IBM Quantum to develop our competency in quantum computing,” said Kim Byoung-hoon, CTO and executive vice president of LG Electronics. “We aim to provide customers with value that they have not experienced so far by leveraging quantum computing technology in future businesses.”
      “We’re happy to welcome LG Electronics to a growing quantum computing ecosystem in Korea at an exciting time for the region,” said Jay Gambetta, IBM Fellow and VP, Quantum Computing at IBM. “The relationship between IBM and LG Electronics will permit LG to explore new types of problems associated with emerging technologies and will help strengthen the quantum capabilities in Korea.”
      # # #