Quantcast

Switch from aerial to Satellite

Tony Levy

Question

I have a brand new LG OLEDC8PLA model and have both an input for my aerial and for my Satellite however i cannot seem to find anyway to switch from watching via my aerial, which is Spanish DTV and then switching to my Satellite to watch UK TV 

I live in Spain hence the two systems.  When I press the home button on the remote the list is at the bottom  and displayed are LG Content Store HDMI3, LiveTV Freesat etc but no button with the aerial option, so the only way I can switch is to go into the main settings menu select Programme Tuning and switch the programme mode from Satellite to Antenna.

This does not seem a very smart way to be able to switch

Does anybody know if you can switch easily?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 answers to this question

You have to switch via the tuning page - sat or antenna - the selected option becomes your TV input

if watching one cahannel after switching, then the back button does take you to the previous one even if on different input,   so can switch easily backwards and forwards between current and last and back again

I have the same problem, the easier way is to Open the channels list using List button, then on the top right there is a filter button, there you can switch between Antenna and sattelite.

I like to recommend to LG add this feature to merge channels list or doing similiar things, for example I have added my favorite antenna channels to Favorites 1 also added my favorite sattelite channels to Favorites 1, so when I press Favorites 1 I assume list both types.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:18 AM, A.R Rinan said:

I have the same problem, the easier way is to Open the channels list using List button, then on the top right there is a filter button, there you can switch between Antenna and sattelite.

I like to recommend to LG add this feature to merge channels list or doing similiar things, for example I have added my favorite antenna channels to Favorites 1 also added my favorite sattelite channels to Favorites 1, so when I press Favorites 1 I assume list both types.

Anyone knows if this feature is going to be implemented in a software update? Surely it's not that difficult if even cheap combo boxes have it.

When watching a programme via aerial long press 1. Set the channel to quick access 1. Next switch to a satellite channel and long press 2 and save it to quick access 2. 

Now if you long press 1 you are in aerial mode and long press 2 satellite mode.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:48 AM, A.R Rinan said:

Exactly, I really don't know why LG hasn't made the menu this way, it's so necessary and obvious. Actually I regret that I didn't buy a Samsung TV instead, because its menu is more user-friendly and easy to use. I've bought this TV for my mom and she hasn't been able to change between "Antenna" and "Satellite'' even once, because it's too complicated for her.

I partially solved the issue by simply having terrestrial dtv channels and satellite channels chosen as “My channels”  in the home menu. 
I don’t have to go to settings everytime to switch.
It isn’t a problem unless you crave watching every single channel on satellite and terrestrial tv. 
It is useful to have a selection of favorites.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, Tony Levy said:

I have a brand new LG OLEDC8PLA model and have both an input for my aerial and for my Satellite however i cannot seem to find anyway to switch from watching via my aerial, which is Spanish DTV and then switching to my Satellite to watch UK TV 

I live in Spain hence the two systems.  When I press the home button on the remote the list is at the bottom  and displayed are LG Content Store HDMI3, LiveTV Freesat etc but no button with the aerial option, so the only way I can switch is to go into the main settings menu select Programme Tuning and switch the programme mode from Satellite to Antenna.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, Tony Levy said:

Just now, pavek pes said:

Just now, pavek pes said: