Question

17 answers to this question

Hello

Same problem at a OLED G36LA at Greece

Toolopt6 --> 1913705995

Support ATV DVR -->off

DVR ready --> off

Same area code 3122, continent index (50) , language EU, HW EU

I saw somewhere at the avsforums also a guy with area 3122 living at UK and dvr working.

I suspect it is something else that needes to be changed to enable dvr

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I tried to change the area code at ez-adjust menu

tried from 3121 to 3128.

When you change the area code also continent index is changing a bit (i.e. 50--> 52) and some settings at the other menus of ez-adjust

I think the options change without a reboot so you can see what is changed.Tried also reboot after every change.

Unfortunately dvr ready remains off at all the above changes

Also tried to set area code 3642 (ukraine according to

link hidden, please login to view

Looking at the options after setting it (without reboot) did not seem to change the dvr ready=off .

Tried reboot and boomm. No Display and the red led on (like on standby).

After calming a little bit ( :) ) and trying several reboots it restarted with last working area code .

Also pressed the "in stop" button  at the virtual remote control (

and maybe this helped also ... or maybe the tv understood that it can not boot multiple times and reset itself...

At normal operation when I press ïnstop" the TV does a factory reset and asks again to be setup (like when I 1st time I powered it)

After all the above I guess(not sure) the area code is not relevant for dvr off setting.

Also looking at :

I see that with 3122 , 50, eu, eu settings the dvr is on at other tv

We should look elsewhere.

At the service remote of above link I see that there are 2 extra buttons : ssm and psm

Does anyone know what they do?

Also anyone succeded running installation menu? Maybe we can enable timeshift there

On 11/21/2023 at 8:59 PM, qix70 said:
Thanks to the help I found on another forum I unlocked the recording function and timeshift!
The new code for my TV only changed the 2 necessary functions: DVR ready -> ON and support ATV DVR -> ON
This code worked perfectly on my small TV 28TN515S (Italy)
In my ToolOPT6_Energy/Country menu:
541641992 - corresponding binary 0010 0000 0100 1000 1100 1101 0000 1000 (DVR OFF)
541838600 - corresponding binary 0010 0000 0100 1011 1100 1101 0000 1000 (DVR ON)
Obviously this is the specific code of my model, each TV has its own code depending on its functions.
You have to be very careful not to modify the other functions to avoid the risk of brick the TV !!!
I understood that you have to convert the decimal code into binary and change the bit corresponding to the function from 0 to 1 and then convert it back to decimal and insert it in place of the original. After changing it, ON will appear on the 2 functions we need. 🙂
then exit the menu and perform a total reset of the TV and after the initial settings you will find recording and timeshit (called "time machine" by LG) active!
Hope this helps
Ciao !

IMG_20231108_110722 - crop.jpg

IMG_20231124_185642 crop.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, pdi said:

Hello

Toolopt6 --> 1913705995

Support ATV DVR -->off

DVR ready --> off

I saw somewhere at the avsforums also a guy with area 3122 living at UK and dvr working.

Try to ask apxyc for code on webos forums  

2023-11-24_13-19-10_WINWORD_1189x613_002011.thumb.png.5f67cba927d935c2f238a7e1ca361ccf.png

Hi, could you help me please?
Whats the code to enable DVR in my ToolOPT6 menu?
My code now is 541641992
my country is Italy area option code: 3122

Thanks

IMG_20231108_110722 - crop2.jpg

IMG_20231108_111028 - crop 3.jpg

541838600 = dvr enabled

541842696 = dvr enabled + dolby atmos in sound option.

541846792 OR 541850888 = dvr enabled + DTS Virtual X

you can contribute here 

you can enable but you must change country from menu because if you select italy, pvr still disabled, it's a SIAE legal stuff.

On 11/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, pdi said:

Hello

Toolopt6 --> 1913705995

Support ATV DVR -->off

DVR ready --> off

your code should be this: 1913705995

can you please send a photo of your toolopt6 menu? thx

Hi, could you help me please?
Whats the code to enable DVR in my ToolOPT6 menu?
My code now is 541641992
my country is Italy area option code: 3122

Thanks

IMG_20231108_110722 - crop2.jpg

IMG_20231108_111028 - crop 3.jpg

541838600 = dvr enabled

you can enable but you must change country from menu because if you select italy, pvr still disabled, it's a SIAE legal stuff

On 11/29/2023 at 9:30 AM, Assistenza MailProva said:

541838600 = dvr enabled

you can enable but you must change country from menu because if you select italy, pvr still disabled, it's a SIAE legal stuff

Thank you,

541838600 it's OK , DVR and Timeshift enabled !👍

I haven't changed country and everything works fine 😀

On 12/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, qix70 said:

Thank you,

541838600 it's OK , DVR and Timeshift enabled !👍

I haven't changed country and everything works fine 😀

you can enable dolby using 541842696,  it will make appear "dolby atmos" in sound settings like the photo. you should have a better sound quality.

I succesfull activate it on my 55up7500 that according to LG site, i should't have :D

-5994357062299141057_121.jpg

Also a friend of mine would like to activate dvr... His model is 55UP75006LF also you have this tv?
I haven't had time to check the original code on the service menu yet..
Can you confirm me if the dvr unlock code is the same - - >541838600 ?

Screenshot_20231205_164528_edit_1451135036877005.jpg.ccaa74fbb1a895241cd2f878f61abe22.jpg

19 hours ago, qix70 said:

Also a friend of mine would like to activate dvr... His model is 55UP75006LF also you have this tv?
I haven't had time to check the original code on the service menu yet..
Can you confirm me if the dvr unlock code is the same - - >541838600 ?

Screenshot_20231205_164528_edit_1451135036877005.jpg.ccaa74fbb1a895241cd2f878f61abe22.jpg

i can't confirm. some tv are the same but have little changes like the wifi module etc. if you use that code, you can enable pvr probably but there are a lot of chance that he will disable wifi :)

so please, read the original code. fortunately yout tv is like mine (mine have same model number) and is fully supported by my calculator. open Github and search for "ToolOPT6" and you will calculate by yourself

ToolOPT6 Calculator B1.4.jpg

In my experience you can enable "Support ATV DVR", "DVR Ready" and set "Sound Mode" to Dolby Atmos without any issue.

N.B. The code "541838600" is not for UP75 Series but it still a vadid code. If you put on the tv, you will disable "Digital eye", lost WiFi and Bluetooth functionality and disconnect all smart remote. Please don't do that

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:53 PM, Stefano Dellanoce said:

Hi,

some news about DVR?

Now I have LgNetworkRemote App to enter on Service Mode on my LG50UP70056LF.

BUT I CAN'T USE RECORDING. There is a solution???

Thank you

1710610183702.jpg

you enter the wrong menu, you should enter on ez-adjust menu, not instart.

the correct button is the red-cicled one, the default password to enter is 0413.

based on the code i see on your photo, you should have already dvr enabled, you can enable dolby atmos using this code "541842440"

if long pressing the red button say that your tv does not support recording, you must change country to other one (like germany)

71lJCPsDKWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, pdi said:

Hello

Toolopt6 --> 1913705995

Support ATV DVR -->off

DVR ready --> off

OLED G36LA at Greece

Toolopt6 --> 1913902603

Support ATV DVR -->on

DVR ready --> on

21 hours ago, Assistenza MailProva said:

you enter the wrong menu, you should enter on ez-adjust menu, not instart.

the correct button is the red-cicled one, the default password to enter is 0413.

based on the code i see on your photo, you should have already dvr enabled, you can enable dolby atmos using this code "541842440"

if long pressing the red button say that your tv does not support recording, you must change country to other one (like germany)

71lJCPsDKWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Many thanks. BUT with Greece , Spain or Italy, the codes doesn't permit DVR......