Quantcast

PreCentral: Create predefined responses with Quick Keys Keyboard

News Reporter

Quick Keys

link hidden, please login to view
, by D Gardner, is an app that you can purchase to give you access to a virtual keyboard on any webOS device from the original Palm Pre to the HP TouchPad. It has some limitations due to the nature of webOS, but it will still give you the ability to type out a quick message without having to . In addition being a virtual keyboard, it also allows you to define up to 57 "Quick Keys" that gives you quick access to those pre-define responses.

There are two ways to add/edit the Quick Keys.  The easiest way is to open up the Quick Keys Keyboard app, scroll down to the "Edit Quick Keys" button and then add or edit any of the 57 numbered options. Just when you are down to save your updates. Another option is to open up the "App-Mode" keyboard by tapping on the  Quick Keys App Mode icon on the keyboard, typing in your text in the textbox and then tapping the Save Quick Key icon to save your text to the next available Quick Keys slot.

Once you have your Quick Keys define, now you need to know how to paste them in to webOS. All you need to do is activate the virtual keyboard and then tap the Active Quick Keys icon. The keyboard will be replaced with a number keyboard from 1-28, along with a few additional icons.  From here, you can:

• Tap on a number to paste in the respective Quick Keys (unfortunately, you have to remember what each one is, as there is no onscreen indicator)
  • Tap on the Return to Quick keys keyboard to return to the virtual keyboard
  • Tap on the Quick keys timestamp to paste in the current date and timestamp
  • Tap on the Dismiss Quick Keys keyboard to dismiss the virtual keyboard
  • Tap on the Toggle Quick Keys to toggle between quick keys 30-57 or back to 1-28 (note that #29 seems to be missing from the options)

Quick keys numbers

Note that you can also set the "Enable Launch to Q.K." preference within the app to default to the quick keys responses instead of the keyboard when you launch it.

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $1.25 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 1.4.5 or higher

mf.gif

a2t.imgW-zSTXloNMU

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.