Quantcast

PreCentral: Submit custom puzzle in Picross

PicrossPicross is a fun and addictive game by PenduinBits that challenges you to solve picture puzzles (or picture crosswords, as the app name indicates) on an 8x8 grid solely using number clues that indicate how many blocks you need to fill in on a given row or column of the grid.  For $0.99, you get 384 unique puzzles that the developer created split between Easy, Medium and Hard levels. But what happens when you solve all 384 puzzles? The only option you have right now is to create your own puzzles using the Builder feature that lets you create and name up to 64 more of your own custom puzzles.

However, if you think you have created some great puzzles and want to submit those to the developer for a possible future update of the app, PenduinBits included a little easter egg that will send him an email with your custom puzzles.

1. From the main homescreen of Picross, tap the "Options" button
  2. Go to the "Credits" tab and double tap on "Jacob Cappell" in the "Puzzle Design" section
  3. Go back to the "Options" tab and you should now see a "Submit Custom Puzzles" button
  4. Tap that button and an email will open up with all your custom puzzles in the body of the email
  5. Each puzzle will be enclosed between { } brackets, so if there is any puzzle you don’t want to share, just delete it from the body of the email
  6. Once you are happy with the puzzles to share, send off the email

There is no guarantee that he will use your puzzles for a future update, but if enough people submit their custom puzzles, we might just see a "community puzzle" update sooner, rather than later

link hidden, please login to view
is available in the webOS App Catalog for $0.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 1.4.5 or higher

mf.gif

a2t.imggYqpWUzVe_o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.