Quantcast

PreCentral: Never Fear, Enyo is Here

Never fear enyo is here

So much has happened in the past 36 hours it’s enough to make your head explode.  First HP announced its over a two-year period; then the core . We are happy that the team found fantastic jobs, but we all would like to slap you individually.  Anyone that was up at 10:30 pm yesterday got the heart sinking news via Twitter. Not the best way to be met with bad news the second time in a week. The fans of webOS who are true blue were again slapped in the face. What’s going to happen to our phones, what’s going to happen to the TouchPad? What’s going to happen to webOS? The Enyo team has released this statement:

The core of Enyo 2 is solid. We’re hearing great things from developers about the performance improvements in the last release, and we have another release on the way. After that, we’ll focus on expanding the Onyx widget set. We’ve enlisted the support of the developer relations engineers you know and love to help out as we work on growing the team.

That’s right, we’re growing. As we said earlier this month, we’re hiring — not just to replace the engineers who have left, but to increase the size of the team going forward. If you would like to contribute to the success of Enyo (and get paid for it) please let us know. And of course, all are welcome to contribute to the code by making GitHub pull requests.

Our door is open; if you have any concerns, feel free to voice them in the Enyo forums.  We’re always listening and will do our best to address your questions. We’ll also be out in person at next week’s O’Reilly Fluent Conference in San Francisco, and at HP Discover in Las Vegas the following week — we’d love to see you there.

So there you have it, we are moving on as planned so calm your fears.  The Enyo team are here for the long haul.

mf.gif

a2t.imgS-9wmF1cZvo

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Captain Raymond
      After having this TV working for just 2-weeks, now my voice control has stopped working, cant change channels, HDMI or anything.
    • By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By davexnet
      TV is the 2017 uj6500 series,
      for the last 4 - 6 weeks the FIlmrise channels do not properly load.  They install, you can select them,
      you get the channel splash screen, then the screen goes black and stays that way until you exit out.
      Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.
      Any info appreciated

• By vps358
      Is there any way to change the defaults to your own.
      For example I shut down my BT headphones and every time LG tv changes to internal speakers and I have to manually change to what I want ?
    • By News Reporter
      Probably the hardest working appliance of every home is the refrigerator, working non-stop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But such a heavy workload means our most essential appliance is also our most energy hungry, which is why properly taking care of your fridge benefits both the environment and your wallet. To make that job simpler, LG designed its InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator range to deliver the most energy-efficient features while at the same time providing outstanding convenience for the perfect kitchen life.

Keep Food Fresh, Open That Door Less
      Ask yourself this: how many times do you open your refrigerator without taking anything out? We’re all guilty of opening the fridge door out of curiosity or to check what needs replenishing and this has a significant impact on how much energy you use. LG’s Door-in-Door feature reduces cold air loss by providing a separate space for your most popular items. This seemingly simple design not only lets your hardest-working home appliance operate far more efficiently, it also saves you a handsome sum by keeping the compressor — the engine that creates all that cold air — from working overtime, the key to increasing its lifespan.1 Along with all its other innovative features, the LG InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator has amassed a loyal fan, resulting in more than one million units being sold worldwide in 2020.

Being the Perfect Host with Craft Ice
      When hosting friends and family, an ice maker can make the difference between a good drink and a great drink. LG InstaView refrigerator with Craft Ice automatically makes standard ice cubes, crushed ice or LG’s exclusive round Craft Ice which last longer than ice cubes, keeping drinks cooler longer.2 Cocktails and soft drinks taste so much better with clear, aesthetically-pleasing ice balls seen in the fanciest restaurants and bars.

ThinQ-Powered Convenience
      To reduce energy consumption and your energy bill, LG’s ThinQ AI platform sends notifications to your smartphone if your refrigerator door is left ajar. Users can control key features from anywhere inside or outside the home through either the LG ThinQ app or voice commands using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.3 You can even activate vacation mode on your smartphone ThinQ app to check the refrigerator and freezer temperatures remotely when away from home for an extended period of time.

Smarter Living with Proactive Customer Care
      Proactive Customer Care (PCC), LG’s AI-infused smart customer service, lets users manage their refrigerator’s performance with minimal effort. LG’s PCC service analyzes usage patterns and provides maintenance tips and alerts for potential issues to keep your appliance performing at its best. The comprehensive AI service guides you through the installation process, teaches you how to use your LG devices and informs you when supplies are running low or when software updates become available.4
      LG’s latest InstaView refrigerators will be displayed virtually in LG’s digital starting January 5.
      # # #
      1 Reduction of cold air loss up to 41 percent based on Intertek testing of models SX5534WB, GR-S632GLRC and LFX3194ST/02 using LG internal testing method measuring percentage reduction in exchange rate of air when opening Door-in-Door compared to regular refrigerator door for 10 seconds. Results may vary by model and duration of door opening.
      2 Craft Ice lasts approximately 15 percent longer than cubic ice in water based on internal tests comparing the average melting rate of Craft Ice and cubic ice in an environment of 25-27 degrees Celsius and water temperature of 9 degrees Celsius.
      3 Applicable for models with Wi-Fi connectivity with both the appliance and LG ThinQ app connected. Service and feature compatibility may vary depending on the region.
      4 Availability of Proactive Customer Care may vary depending on model or region.

link hidden, please login to view