Quantcast

Internet speed never reaches my available broadband speed on LG OLED tv (55EC930V)

Dave Br

Question

Hi.

What can I do to get my TV to use the full broadband speed that I've got available.  My tv is a 55EC930V and is using a wired connection to my router.

My broadband is currently running at 125Mbps.  When I use any other devices such as a laptop, mobile phone, etc the speed using fast.com returns anything between 120 to 130 MBps.

But, when I use the web browser on the TV, it always maxes out at 33Mbps.  This value is reported by fast.com.

If I use the speed test in the Netflix app, this returns approx 29Mbps.  I never get anything higher, so what's limiting it?  The same problem occurs for YouTube and that's the only other App that I've got installed.

If the network board in the TV is supposed to be 10-100Mbps, why don't I get 100 Mbps?  I know I won't get 125Mbps because LG never puts 1Gbps in any of it's TVs.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Well keeping the speed TV is showing aside. what do you need that 100 MBPS speed in TV for?? I hope in given speed all normal streaming and other such services are working fine in your TV. AS you might be knowing the processer in TVs are still far far inferior than those in our Mobiles and laptops.

So it all depends on the hardware inside. When hardware is not capable of accepting such high speed then incoming WiFi signal is not of much use.

I agree with OP, the speed on the internet coming into the residence should display on the TV's webpage when the speedtest.com or fast.com or Ookla.com is entered into the LG browser from the TV's homepage.

I get 400+ Mbps from Spectrum. I watch on a OLED 77C8PUA. I have Apple TV, TIVO BoltVox-Spectrum Card, and direct ethernet from my Netgear switcher that gives the whole house 400+ Mbps anywhere, even WIFI.

On the OLED, I see 9-32 Mbps ethernet wired, 25-52 Mbps wifi. Wifi in reality should be lower. I still get buffering and that brought me to use my extended warranty to have a tech come out to check the set.

This tech tried changing the MOBO only to find out that is was a dead board. Although, he did change out the WIFI card. When reinstalled the same speeds were recorded from the LG homepage browser. 

I would like a justification from an INTELLIGENT LG tech to tell us "what's up".

Answers or similar situations and the results, Please.

Resized_Resized_20221208_171514.jpeg

• Like 1