Quantcast

[fixed ...kinda] HDMI ARC - no sound

Leo Gsx

Question

There is a thread about the issue. Please use it instead.

TL;DR unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back to the TV fixes the problem until the TV is turned off. Next time the TV is on I have to repeat this.

I have the following setup:

• TV: LG SK8500PL
  • SW Version: 05.50.10
  • webOS TV Version: 4.4.2-10 (goldilocks-gorongosa)
  • Soundbar: Samsung Q950A connected via HDMI ARC port. 

It used to work OK but one day it stopped reproducing sound from the soundbar. When I try to adjust the volume I just have a grey DISABLED icon.

So far, I have tried to play with all kind of options from the menu of the TV and I have power cycled it, factory reset the TV as well. I have tested the soundbar and the cable with my other LG TV and it works perfectly. I am assuming it is a hardware problem with the port, but I just wanted to ask here for any advice?

Today unplugged and replugged the cable (again). The issue was gone. Could be some SW update on the Soundbar as I had a BT sync issues which are now gone.

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By OliverRC
      Up until a few days ago my TV and AVR have been working perfectly since I bought it.
      Zero hassles with HDMI and connectivity.
      Then I was prompted to update to the latest software version which I did and now often when I switch HDMI (running on 1) it picks up the device name, CEC works but I get “No Signal”… and then nothing.
      Just stays on “No Signal”. It is almost as if some HDMI handshake breaks and now the driver is in a broken state.
      I’ve found that if I hard power off and power on the device sometimes works but I don’t want to do that every time especially since it’s hard to get to the power.
      This really strikes me as a software issue with the latest update as absolutely nothing else has changed in my setup.
      I’ve tried:
      Different HDMI cables (high quality) Deep colour settings Reset the TV to factory default Different HDMI ports TV
      Model: OLED65G26LA / OLED65G26LA.HFBQLWK WebOS TV Version: 8.3.0.2301 Software Version: 13.30.56 AVR & Devices
      Marantz SR5015 Nvidia Shield Pro PS5
        The setup is the conventional AVR installation as shown in the attached file

Has anyone else experienced this? 
      Is it possible to revert the software update?
    • By Splash
      On power switches selected hdmi
    • By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content