Quantcast

PreCentral: Open up a local HTML file with Universe Browser

Universe DropdownDespite the fact that webOS and its apps are built using web technologies, there is actually no native way to open up a local html file on webOS phones. You can download an .html or .htm file and edit it with the Internalz Pro text editor, but you can't actually view it in the browser. While this functionality has finally been added to the TouchPad, the only way to do this on webOS phones is using a third party application such as Universe Web Browser by OpenMobl Systems. Once you have an html file on your device, you just need to:

1. Open up Universe
  2. link hidden, please login to view
    from the top-left and select "Open File..." (you can also O).
  3. Find the file you want to open and tap on it. If there is a long list of files, you can also type-to-search to narrow down your results.
  4. A new card will open with you file in all its HTML glory

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $2.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 1.4.5 or higher (although not currently available for the Pre3)

mf.gif
MbKQ9oem1VI

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By odesanmi kolade
      I have been trying to downloading Aptoide TV on my LG smart Tv but keep showing File downloading not supported.. My goal is how I can get zoom conference app running on my Smart Tv. Please help!!! 
    • By Devaraj
      Whenever I debug the application with VSCode extention with latest version of WebOS_CLI, always devtools.html has been opened..., why? Even I edit the URL is also not working (devtools.html to inspect.html)
      URL: link hidden, please login to view
      Please help me, how to I rectify it.

• By Darshan Giri
      I was unable to install the remote control app(on TV) after bundling with Sandstorm webdriver code. Getting below error. ares-install ERR! [com.webos.appInstallService failure]: luna-send command failed <update manifest file failed>
    • By LG user1
      I can't open settings on my LG B9 55" either from the remote (results in black screen) or from menu system (same). Also, when I click on any streaming app, nothing happens although the buttons on the remote otherwise work. I would like to try a factory reset, but can't do this without accessing the system menu. If you know how to factory reset without the menu or otherwise know a fix, please let me know!