Quantcast

PreCentral: Monday Brief: HTC One V, Side-loading, Woz gets a Lumia 900, Instagram ownership and Pivot lives on!

News Reporter

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Labor Union Among NGOs Singled Out for Promoting UN’s Aims and Purposes

SEOUL, Jan. 18, 2022 — Unionized workers at LG Electronics (LG) in South Korea have been conferred special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) for their efforts to prioritize ESG in the workplace. Being the first Korean labor union to be awarded such status with the UN is testament to the LG’s prioritization and continued dedication to union social responsibility (USR), a key component of the company’s commitment to ESG management.
      Consultative status is granted by ECOSOC upon recommendation by the Committee on NGOs, which is composed of 19 member states all who must demonstrate that their work has direct relevance to the aims and purposes of the United Nations. The recognition allows non-governmental organizations (NGOs) access to the many subsidiaries of the ECOSOC and the human rights expertise of the UN. Since the LG Electronics Union Social Responsibility Charter was introduced in 2010, LG assembly plant workers worldwide have signed on to the organization’s vision.
      While ESG evokes images of the environment and volunteerism in most people’s minds, how a company treats its employees, one of its most important stakeholder groups, is a critical component of an organization’s ESG performance. According to , companies that score high in employee satisfaction and their ability to attract good talent have significantly higher ESG scores than other organizations.
      “We are of course extremely proud of the recognition bestowed upon us by the UN for our efforts to fulfill our responsibilities to our members, society and the environment,” said Bae Sang-ho, the head of LG Electronics’ Union. “We are committed to leveraging this honor to encourage other unions to expand their own USR activities.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By eamatherne
      I cannot get my iphone or ipad running ios 15.2.1 to work with my LG tv running webos 05.40.20.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  It used to work previously.  
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By Mark Johnston
      Anyone else having issues with Prime Video? Keep getting an error message. No code just that something is wrong. Works fine via my PS4 and iPhone but not on LG tv app.

contacted Amazon and tried usually things but no joy. Been going on for two weeks
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s World-Class UltraGear Gaming Monitors Team Up
      With Europe’s Best League Players for Regional Supremacy

SEOUL, Jan. 11, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is proud to announce its participation as the Official Display Partner of the League of Legends European Championship (LEC) for the 2022 and 2023 seasons. The agreement allows LG UltraGear gaming monitors to take center stage at the global competition to deliver ultra-smooth, ultra-responsive gameplay when the season kicks off on January 14.
      Founded as the professional tournament for League of Legends organized by Riot Games in Europe, LEC is a competition in which ten skilled teams of five players each compete for supremacy in “League,” the multiplayer battle arena hit that continues to be enormously popular ever since its launch in 2009. Throughout the tournament, LG will also be the sponsor of segments such as Replays and the must-see Match of the Week.
      The new two-year partnership with LEC is expected to help LG further expand its already considerable presence in the global esports scene. The LG UltraGear brand’s strong relationship with the gaming community was built up over the years through active engagement and cutting-edge products that address the needs of real gamers. Thanks to LG’s display technologies that prioritize lightning-quick response time, accurate colors and superb contrast, LG UltraGear monitors have become a favorite with serious gamers everywhere, offering the 4K resolution display and Nano IPS technology with 1ms Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time.*
      “We are thrilled to be playing such a pivotal role in one of the world’s most popular esports competitions,” said Seo Young-jae, head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “We look forward to seeing our monitors put through their paces by LEC’s top players so we can keep delivering products that meet the needs of the most demanding gamers.”
      Fans from around the world can keep up with all the action, including game broadcasts and up-to-date schedule information, at . Follow the official Twitter account @ to take part in a social media event to win prizes including UltraGear products.
      # # #
      * LG Model 27GN950. Graphic card supporting DSC required to display 4K 144Hz. For 1ms response time, Faster Mode must be enabled.

link hidden, please login to view