Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Nishanth Noble

WiFi gets disconnected

Question

Hi! 

Recently I have noticed that the Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically without any prompt. While searching manually, no Wi-Fi signals are listed. But once the TV is switched off and turned on again the Wi-Fi gets connected. But after few hour gets disconnected again.

I would like to know if this is a technical issue and how to resolve this issue for good.

2 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Nishanth Noble said:

Hi! 

Recently I have noticed that the Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically without any prompt. While searching manually, no Wi-Fi signals are listed. But once the TV is switched off and turned on again the Wi-Fi gets connected. But after few hour gets disconnected again.

I would like to know if this is a technical issue and how to resolve this issue for good.

Model of TV, firmware version etcera etcetra etcetra...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Wifi must be turned on?

When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off. I did a google search

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Block other users from TV's WiFi / Hide TV from network

I'm having issues with people in adjacent apartments to mine connecting to my LG 55LJ55 and casting apps (YouTube mainly). I live in a hotel-like apartment and use a communal WiFi network so this actually happens quite often. Have changed the TV's name to 'guaranteed virus' in a bid to curb this, but you'd be surprised that it still happens! Whilst I can stop apps from turning the TV on, I seem unable to limit who can connect to it when it is on. Any ideas???

• Question: Wifi Issue

I have LG webOS TV LJ554T when trying to connect the wifi its now getting connect its shows the status as checking...  And gives error message Unable to connect to the network. Unknown issue has occurred. Please check the status and try again. Wifi is working fine in all the mobile devices. Tried connecting with ethernet cable and ot also shows the status as checking.. 

• Question: Wired Lan Cable Connected

Hi, I didn’t connect Lan Cable to my SmartTV. Only using Wifi (wireless). Why the TV keeps prompting me  “Wired Lan Cable Connected”, “Wired Network Disconnected”.... such kind of messages? Any problem with the TV? How to solve?