Quantcast

Watch PVR recordings from old LG TV on new LG TV?

Fritz Heckert

Question

I bought a new LG Smart TV Type: 43UQ75009LF.AEUD with webOS 22.
I previously had the type: 43UH620V with webOS 4

The problem is that I have a lot of recordings from the old LG TV on my hard drive, all from non-encrypted, open channels such as ARD and ZDF Germany, which I can no longer play on the new LG TV because the data is encrypted .

Is there a solution to make these files (STR), I copied the whole "LG Smart TV" folder including the "lg_dvr" subfolders and the "TN" folder to my iMac, to make it viewable again?

I know that the .STR files contain the video. Is there a solution under macOS or Windows10(11) to decrypt this data and make it viewable?

I couldn't find anything with a Google search.

Thanks for tips on this.

old PVR from old LG-TV.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By pivotCE
      Have you been wondering what LG will do with webOS next?
      According to
      link hidden, please login to view, a since pulled website has arisen (here are the cached pages from Google  and ) detailing info about LG’s all new platform supposedly called ““. It is thought that this is going to rival Samsung’s Tizen, maybe even in retaliation to Apple’s new smart watch. Hopefully our loyal fan-base will make it popular! According to pictures pulled from the site (see below), the SDK for the said smart watches, will supposedly be released with the announcement of LG’s plans to move webOS to the Smart watch platform. To see the other banners pulled from the site click

• By ajmboy
      I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 
      Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?

• By JohnoFon
      I am using an LM6300PLA, WebOS version 05.30.11
      When I try to record a series from the Live TV - using input the satellite connection - the first episode records correctly, but subsequent episodes all stop after 3 minutes.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Further annoyances are that I can't just set it to record all episodes of a particular show (the way my HUMAX Freesat does), but only 'repeat recording on specified days' with no end-date.
      Does this mean that the recorder has no access to the Electronic Programme Guide, but just sets a time and duration? If the broadcaster reschedules the programme does the recorder just pick up the replacement?
    • By lina75
      Can anyone please suggest an app to watch the world cup, i tried  iptvsmarters and paid for it but it isn't working on my lg smart tv
      and i was told about TOD but couldn't find it on the lg store