Quantcast

LG 65UJ630T-TA Screen dimming issue ***Updated***

Updated 11 Dec 2022

Ok so against my better judgement we contacted LG Malaysia and spoke to their customer support to ask them about the issue with the screen dimming.

Without needing to give any real information, other than saying that the screen was a lot darker and i could not change any settings to fix this, the support girl said that this is 100% an issue with the LCD lights inside the TV.

So we asked if this can be fixed and she said yes it can be fixed. She then sent an LG technician to my home to fix the TV. However when he turned up he took the TV away and placed it in an old cardboard box that was falling to pieces. Then he said that he would need to keep the TV for 2 - 3 days while he ordered the parts that he needed. I was a little surprised because i would have thought that he would already have the parts in stock, given that he knew what the issues was and had two or three weeks notice from our first conversation to order the parts.

Anyway the 2 - 3 days turned into 2 - 3 weeks. After taking the TV away, he could not get the parts because they were "out of stock" then after he replaced the LCD lights he told me that there "was a strange line" on the edge of the screen. This line was not there before he took the TV away and i turned the TV on while he was here in my home to show him the dimming scree issue and it was definitely not present then and it has never been present before he took my TV apart to "fix it".

So he brings the TV back and there is now a very noticeable bright space around the edge of the screen that was not there before this idiot took the TV apart and now he is acting like its no big deal, just standing there in my front room like i should be grateful that he has "fixed the dimming issue with my TV" even though, no matter what i do with the TV settings, the colors and contrast are horrible and i just cant get the picture to look right and i now have this horrible bright pixilation/tearing around the whole of the inside of the screen and its getting worse all the time. .

This "fix" cost me over $120US and the TV is more broken than it was before i called LG support and i am shocked that this guy, who is supposed to be an LG approved technician could mess this up so badly. 

318954578_562003779269831_1075724867105655458_n.jpg

318444377_558093018984765_6383430580938419647_n.jpg

318800310_1423385131400637_5578039694152995470_n.jpg