Quantcast

Video format not supported by browser

lg_user

Question

I have a LG UJ6200 with WebOS TV Version 3.9.1-6280403. I use the browser on the TV to watch videos (movies or TV series) hosted by some web sites. I encountered a problem watching a few TV series. For example, I have no problem seeing Ep01 to EP04. But I got Video format not supported error on EP05 and later. I know that it is not the video because I can watch it using my computer chrome browser. It is possible that the web sites has done some updates which the TV browser does not support. Anyone has experience similar problem and found the fix ? Is there any other browser I can install on the TV to see if the problem can be fixed ?

2 answers to this question

I have a similar problem with a favorite website where I get an error message that the videos cannot be played.   It started about 3 updates ago.

Before that web update from LG,  for my UJ6200,   all the videos from this website played fine,  but not after that update.

I've called tech support at least 2x about this and the first answer was that the next update would fix the issue but at least two updates later,  and the problem persists.

The other night,  I called again and customer service went on that same website and said that even in the newer high end LG tv models,   the videos got the same error code and the solution he recommended was for me to buy a roku stick to access that website and get the videos to play.

This isn't an acceptable solution to me because I got this smart tv to play videos from this site and others.   What good is a smart tv if I need a work around which requires me to purchase another device in order to play streaming video that used to work before one of their updates broke the ability to play them.

In fact,   I have a friend wanting a new smart tv.  and now that I now that even the latest high end LG models won't play content from this site,  I can't at all recommend and LG tv to her even if I like the picture and all other features.

Too bad LG can't fix the problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      As above! All4 & My5 will no longer work. Also, how do you update the browser? My LG nano TV is just over 3 years old.
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I currently have CA DacMagic 100 connected via optical + CA A1 AMP, this is quite cumbersome and doesn't work with universal control.
      I know that i will have to buy some hardware to have proper universal control, however i can't find any reliable information on which amp does support it and which doesn't. 

It would be great if list of supported devices would be available.
      If not then recomendation for AMPs that works well with optical + simple DALI oberon stereo satellite setup is also solution.

PS1. Sorry if this duplicate but i couldn't find anything meaningful after few days of googling.
      PS2. I've heard that Denon AVR-X3600H works but this is massive overkill for what i need (i don't indend to go beyond stereo, not even 2+1).
    • By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By dolbnya
      I have a mediaplayer connected to my TV OLED55C6V through HDMI. For every video playback the player tries to select an output HDMI signal format automatically depending on both video framerate/resolution and framerate/resolution supported by the connected TV to show the video as close to original as possible with the TV without any scaling. And here I have a problem: the maximum resolution the player selects is 1080p despite of the videofile has resolution 4k and the TV supports playback of the input signal up to 4K60p. I can change the output signal resolution on the player manually after blayback starting and it works, but it's not convenient. As far as I know the only way of getting information about videosignal format supported by TV for the player is EDID on HDMI channel. So is it possible to fix the issue? Maybe some hidden setting in TV could change the version of EDID?