Quantcast

PreCentral: Pop!Later is an Read It Later app that lives inside a notification

Pop!Later

We've seen all sorts of interesting things done with webOS notifications, from persistent weather and stock information to pop-up mini news readers. But they were always basic and focused apps. But Science Apps, the webOS developers behind

link hidden, please login to view
and , recently kicked things up a notch with the app-in-a-notification system with Pop!Later.

This new app is a Read It Later client that lives in a notification on your webOS smartphone or TouchPad. Not only can you use it to submit a copied URL, you can actually browse, read, and manage your saved articles all from within the notification. You might be asking yourself, "Why would I want this?" Essentially this lets you have two apps running at once on the same screen - Pop!Later providing the Read It Later view while whatever else you want - a movie, for example - takes up the rest of the screen.

mf.gif

a2t.imgXyclSs-razs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By williamsats
      Hi everyone!!!
      Lately I have a problem with my 40UH630V (OS Ver. 05.70.30). It takes too long for a hard drive or a USB stick to get it ready to play video files. That means that I have to plug in my hard drive or USB stick and wait for at least 4-5 minutes before I can play the video files, no matter what type/format they are. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug my drive so to read it. 
      Here I must point that both USB ports are clean with no dust or any corrosion, USB cables are new and fully functional and all hard drives and USB sticks are working perfectly on my 32LQ63806LC. 
      Also in some cases i get a message on TV for a format compatibility but I don't think this is the case, since if I wait 4-5 minutes (sometimes a bit more) then it reads them normally.
      Any ideas? 
    • By philotas
      I followed these steps to prepare my LG TV and it all worked fine:

link hidden, please login to view  
      However I cannot push IPK to tv or just list stuff:

I am getting this error when calling:
      ares-device-info --device tv2 outputs:
      ares-device-info ERR! [syscall failure]: read ENOTCONN Any ideas?

I can ping the TV just fine and getting the key from the TV also worked but connection fail...

I am using macOS 12.16 and the TV is using webOS 4.9...
      I also tried different node versions (v8.17.0 and v17.3.0)
      Any ideas?
    • By infiniter
      LG support is crap. No response at all or pre-made response textes only after weeks. Support is important, because we actually pay for it by buying the products. Since the TV is depending on software you provide and if this software has bugs, they must be removed, because this is part of warranty.
      I posted a bug thread over at the developer forum, but no one reacted. Actually, I expected something like that an LG official reads it, puts it on a bug tracking list and comments "we are on it". That's how other companies do it.
      So, where can we find a place to post our bugs so that they find their way to the developers?  
    • By Oussama ZAQOURI
      Hi, 
      I want to develop an application for lg webos, but i found a problem when i want to read a video,  and i want use a default webos player.
      Are you have an idea about default lg webos player ? and how i use it ?
      Thanks.
    • By Ray11
      Hi,
       How to read PDF files with WEBos6?
      how play AVI/old formats WEBos6?
      Thanks!