Quantcast

OLED55CXAUA can't update or install apps

HankO

Question

I have  a OLED55CXAUA TV, Apps weren't able to update I got the same error message. I had a problem with Hulu so I uninstalled it. After that I couldn't re-download Hulu app. I did a computer chat with LG techs several times. The last chat after having me do all the standard fixes , the tech accessed my computer remotely . After a long wait he said I needed to do factory reset. Thats what I did. well that made things much worse. Now because all the apps were older ,they all needed to be updated ,so now I could use any of my streaming apps. So now I have to stream with Amazon firestick ,TV apps are useless. It only gets worse. The LG tech said that's all he could do remotely ,I needed an onsite tech to come to my house to check it . But because it is 17 months old I would have to pay for repair. In addition to that I bought it at Costco . They give a 2nd year extension of factory warrantee , plus I have an additional 3 years of Allstate service contract. I called Costco to have them repair it . They said it's not covered because it's a software issue and they don't cover software issues . So I called LG tech and asked if they would have fixed it under warrantee if it was under 12 months old .  He said they definitely would have.  So I called Costco back and if they are extending factory warrantee why won't they cover it if LG would have. They gave me some double talk but still refuse to do anything. So I'm stuck with a smart TV that now is the same as any regular TV. Both corporations LG and Costco are at fault I'm stuck in the Middle. How can I fix this firmware problem?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet