Quantcast

Disable web search results

kingfelix

When you run a search, there is a "web" button that lets you view results on the web. This opens a mini web browser which defaults to having explicit results shown. This make is too easy -- even for a child -- to accidentally or purposefully have the TV screen filled with sexually explicit content.

There needs to be a way to disable or control with a PIN the ability to see search results on the web.

OR

the browser that launches the web results needs to be defaulted to HIDING explicit results

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Pushes Boundaries With Innovative Business Models
      While Balancing Core Operations and Future Growth to Create New Opportunities

SEOUL, April 25, 2024 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) announced first-quarter 2024 consolidated revenue of KRW 21.09 trillion and operating profit of KRW 1.33 trillion. The company’s home appliance sector demonstrated global leadership, achieving record-breaking revenue and double-digit operating profit margins. The EV components sector, a key driver of future growth, continued its steady expansion. Both the TV and business solutions sectors experienced year-on-year sales growth and returned profits compared to the previous quarter.
      Despite navigating challenging macroeconomic conditions such as high commodity prices, volatile exchange rates, rising interest rates and delayed demand recovery, LG achieved its highest-ever total revenue for a first quarter. This milestone underscores the effectiveness of implementing sustainable business models like subscription services and leveraging growth opportunities in the promising B2B sector. LG’s emphasis on differentiating features such as AI, energy efficiency and customer-centric design has strengthened its competitiveness in the premium market. Furthermore, the strategic approach of offering diverse product lineups and flexible pricing structures enabled the company to successfully navigate polarized demand trends.
      Operating profit surpassed KRW 1 trillion for the fifth consecutive year, showcasing LG’s strong performance in the face of intensifying market competition. The company’s focus on content/service businesses and direct-to-consumer sales via the Online Brand Shop (OBS) has fueled qualitative growth. Efforts to stabilize raw material and logistics costs, coupled with production location flexibility, have further bolstered profitability.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company generated first-quarter revenue of KRW 8.6 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 940.3 billion. This represents a notable 7.2 percent increase in revenue compared to the same period last year, setting a new record for first-quarter performance. Operating profits reached the second-highest level in the company’s history, with an operating profit margin of 10.9 percent, underscoring the company’s exceptional global competitiveness.
      Driven by its core technologies, particularly in motors and compressors, LG’s home appliance business continues to innovate within a mature market landscape. With a commitment to industry leadership, LG is pioneering transformative initiatives such as product subscription services and advancing the concept of ‘Affectionate Intelligence’ appliances. These innovations are tailored to empathize with and address customer needs effectively. Moreover, LG is strategically expanding its B2B ventures, including HVAC and built-in solutions, to capitalize on emerging growth opportunities.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company reported first-quarter revenue of KRW 2.66 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 52 billion, reflecting an 11.5 percent year-on-year revenue increase. The ongoing conversion of backlog orders into revenue is progressing steadily. Despite ongoing investments in overseas production sites to fulfill new orders and meet OEM demands, the company has maintained stable profitability, benefiting from economies of scale resulting from revenue expansion.
      While there are expectations of a slight slowdown in the recent growth of EV demand, the demand for high-value-added EV components continues to rise steadily. LG is proactively addressing these market dynamics by developing a balanced portfolio, spanning from in-vehicle infotainment to powertrains and headlamps. The company aims to ensure sustained revenue growth and a stable profit base by actively adapting to these market shifts.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company reported first-quarter revenue of KRW 3.49 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 132.2 billion. This represents a 4.2 percent increase in revenue compared to the same period last year, driven by a resurgence in TV demand in Europe and the successful launch of new 2024 models. The positive operating profit was fueled by the robust performance of the webOS content/service business, alongside traditional product sales. Despite challenges such as rising LCD panel prices, the company effectively managed profitability.
      Looking ahead, a gradual recovery in the TV market demand is anticipated in the second half of the year. LG’s strategy focuses on leveraging its globally leading OLED TV and premium LCD QNED TV offerings while continuously enhancing the profitability of the webOS platform business, which is poised for rapid growth.
      The LG Business Solutions Company reported first-quarter revenue of KRW 1.57 trillion, marking a 6.5 percent increase year-over-year, and an operating profit of KRW 12.8 billion. The launch of new LG gram laptops, featuring on-device AI and timed for graduation and enrollment seasons, garnered positive market feedback. In addition, sales of commercial display products, including electronic whiteboards and LED signage, experienced growth. While operating profit returned to positive territory from the previous quarter, there was a slight decrease compared to the same period last year, attributed to factors such as rising component prices and intensified competition.
      This year, the overall IT market is expected to maintain similar demand levels to the previous year, with a slight growth anticipated in the commercial display segment. There is an expected increase in demand for high-spec IT products like gaming monitors and LED signage. LG aims to lead the market with strategic IT products tailored to customer needs, integrating gaming-specific features and OLED displays, alongside premium LED products. Efforts to proactively develop promising new businesses such as robotics and EV charging continue to drive future growth prospects.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on April 25, 2024, at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants should pre-register online to receive a private PIN. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics website before the call.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By curious george
      Hi, I'd like to disable the bluetooth on my G2 and was wondering if this was possible without having to disconnect the bluetooth module in the back?
    • By StanJ
      I've seen an older thread on this topic but it doesn't look like anyone found a solution to disabling the screen saver, so I'll try a new one.
      On virtually all my LG TV's (I have three OLED's and two LCD), the screen saver interferes with my music app (like Plex, Spotify or Amazon Music). I mainly use Plex for playback of my music which is stored on a central server (NAS) and from the app loaded on a Fire TV stick or cube. After about 20-30 minutes, the album art and other related music information (lyrics, song title, duration, etc) all goes black. If I run Plex (or Spotify) directly on the LG TV via the LG Content store app, the screen saver with fireworks always comes on in about 2 minutes. 
      I've tried all the different methods to disable the screen saver function including turning off the Timers, Auto Power Off,  HDD Storage, etc. I also tried opening the hidden menus by pressing the mute button 5 times but that menu didn't have anything relevant. 
      Interesting is that the screen saver doesn't come on when using Spotify on a Fire TV stick or if I playback music through a USB device. But i don't use those methods often, mainly Plex to access my music server where I have about 500 CD's stored in ALAC format.
      Has anyone found a way to disable the screen saver function? I know the logic for having it (to prevent OLED burn in) but I'm not leaving the same image on for more than the song duration (about 3-5 minutes).  It's annoying to check the screen for the a music title or see who is on only to find a black screen looking back. Thanks for any help.

• By News Reporter
      Highest Annual Revenue in History With Home Appliance and
      Vehicle Components Showing Growth for Eight Consecutive Years

SEOUL, Jan. 25, 2024 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) announced its financial results for the year 2023, disclosing a consolidated revenue of KRW 84.2 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 3.55 trillion. This marks the third consecutive year of achieving record-breaking annual revenue. The operating profit is also solid, approaching levels seen during the prior period of pent-up demand.
      Despite challenging external factors such as an economic slowdown and reduced demand, LG’s core business of home appliances and the burgeoning vehicle components business have demonstrated remarkable resilience, maintaining continuous growth for eight consecutive years. The combined revenue of these businesses exceeded KRW 40 trillion last year, a substantial increase from KRW 18 trillion in 2015. Over the same period, the proportion of these two businesses in the total revenue has risen from 32.5 percent to 47.8 percent.
      The performance is attributable to LG’s strategic efforts to enhance its business portfolio. The company successfully expanded its B2B business by identifying market turning points early on and integrated new business models, including subscription services, into existing frameworks. Furthermore, LG’s innovative content and service business model, leveraging its extensive user base of hundreds of millions of products globally, has also contributed to securing robust profitability.
      Looking ahead, LG is committed to a continual transformation from a mature business-oriented structure to a future growth-oriented one. In this year, the company will concentrate its capabilities on breaking through limits to maximize its business potential. Guided by the newly established Overseas Sales & Marketing Company, LG will strive for additional growth and expanded product coverage, particularly in emerging markets where there are greater growth opportunities.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company achieved an annual revenue of KRW 30.14 trillion, marking eight consecutive years of growth and ushering in the era of KRW 30 trillion. Introducing new business models including subscription services and expanding the B2B share in areas such as HVAC, components and built-in solutions contributed to this growth. The operating profit recorded an increase of over 76 percent compared to the previous year, reaching KRW 2.08 trillion.
      In the coming year, the Company will accelerate a shift in its business model towards future readiness, including Direct-to-Consumer initiatives. It aims to expand the deployment of home appliance operating systems and extend subscription services to international markets. Additionally, there will be a swift progression in building smart home solutions that reflect the value of “Zero Labor Home.” In terms of products, the Company will seek to maintain its strategic approach of solidifying the premium leadership of key products, such as washing machines and refrigerators, while swiftly expanding region-specific lineups. To sustain continuous growth in the B2B sector, especially in areas like HVAC, the Company plans to strengthen its capabilities by establishing a complete, local business operation that encompasses product development, production and sales, with a focus on the evident electrification trends in regions such as North America and Europe.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company achieved an annual revenue of KRW 10.1 trillion and operating profit of KRW 133 billion. In its 10th year since establishment, the Company not only surpassed the KRW 10 trillion revenue mark but also demonstrated eight consecutive years of growth since it began disclosing performance results in 2015. The share of total consolidated revenue has increased to 12 percent. This year, the Company aims to drive both external growth, leveraging a substantial order backlog, and qualitative growth in its operations. In in-vehicle infotainment, the Company is dedicating efforts to secure capabilities in the area of software-defined vehicles in response to the needs of OEMs. Drawing upon its differentiated technology accumulated in the home appliance and IT sectors, the Company will seek to further enhance the in-vehicle customer experience. In the e-Powertrain area, focus will be on strengthening product capabilities and early stabilization of overseas production bases to enhance responsiveness to customer demands. Additionally, in headlamps, there are plans to expand premium product orders while simultaneously improving operational efficiency.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company recorded an annual revenue of KRW 14.2 trillion and operating profit of KRW 362 billion. The webOS platform-based content and services business solidified its position as a new source of revenue, showing a significant increase in operating profit compared to the previous year. The revenue slightly decreased amid a relatively slow recovery in demand for premium products like OLED. In anticipation of a progressive recovery in TV demand this year, the Company will seek to strengthen both the top-tier OLED lineup and the QNED lineup, following a dual-track strategy to lead the premium market. Simultaneously, the Company is accelerating its transformation into a media and entertainment powerhouse. In the current year, the webOS platform business is slated for nurturing as a significant revenue-generating venture in the scale of trillions.
      The LG Business Solutions Company recorded an annual revenue of KRW 5.4 trillion and operating loss of KRW 42 billion. The revenue saw a slight decrease compared to the previous year due to delays in IT demand recovery and reduced investments from key enterprises. Increased investments in future growth areas such as robotics and electric vehicle charging had an impact on profitability. In this year, the Company is positioning itself with a competitive lineup of IT products, including gaming monitors and the LG gram Pro, and will actively seek to find business opportunities targeting distinct verticals such as government agencies and schools. As a leader in LG’s B2B business, it aims to accelerate the shift from supplying single products to integrating and providing adjacent solutions. With a significant proportion of new businesses within the organization, investments will be prioritized for future preparations rather than short-term management performance.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on January 25, 2024, at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants are instructed to pre-register online to receive a private PIN. To participate in the conference call, dial +82 31 810 3130, enter passcode 6418# and then the PIN. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics website before the call.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Benjamin De Graaf
      As in title.
      Everytime I watch something on Plex I get constant Dolby vision pop ups, sometimes random and sometimes staying for multiple minutes. 
      there isn’t anything wrong with the playback, it’s just the constant pop ups that are very annoying and frustrating that I can’t disable them.
      Other manufacturers have the option to disable it, so I can’t imagine why webos shouldn’t have it. 

thanks in advance, have a nice holiday!