Quantcast

LG TV wifi not working. Anyway to get the free internet channels?

On 2/10/2022 at 12:35 AM, Salil Surendran said:

My LG tv wifi has stopped working. I used to enjoy the free internet channels . In order to fix it I will have to open the TV. I don't want to do that as yet. Is there any way to get the same channels on LG TV via the fire TV or some other module?

Your TV  should have an ethernet connection (my LG does). You have at least 2 options which just require some configuration.

1. What you need is what some people refer to as Wireless to Ethernet adapter (or bridge). The adapter send and receive wireless signal and your TV get the data through the Ethernet connection. This  should cost less than $50. (just do a google search on wireless to ethernet adapter). BTW a WIFI extender will also give you a single ethernet port. You can also configure a router in wireless bridge mode and connect your TV to one of the LAN ports. I am using the router method at home for all my wired only devices. Most people has old wireless routers  after upgrade. You may have one or get a used one really cheap or for free. If you just need that for supporting a single TV,  I don't see the need of getting the latest technology.  I think using 5G  on a dual band router will be better.

2. Use a powerline adapter between you main router and your TV. This will cost slightly more. It also can be interfered by electric noise.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM
        Kindly resolve this issue 
      My lG TV MODEL NO IS 32LK628BPTF

• By Ozzie T
      We have a 65UM7300AUE with software version 05.40.10. We have a Google TV dongle plugged into the HDMI 1 port and that is the input we use most of the time. Until recently every time we would turn the TV on it would default to HDMI 1 and the Google TV home screen would be the first thing we’d see. Life was good. Several weeks ago that changed and now the LG OS (I assume) home screen is the first thing we see. Then we have to use the LG remote to select HDMI 1 each time. We never used to have to do this or use the LG remote at all. Kind of annoying. We think we have HDMI 1 chosen as our default input but it doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas on how we get things back to the way they used to be with the TV defaulting to HDMI 1 automatically?
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.