Quantcast

New Premium Soundbar From LG Delivers Next Level Audio for Today’s At-Home Lifestyle

News Reporter

LG Elevates Listening Experience to New Heights While Reducing
Environmental Impact Throughout Entire Product Lifecycle

LG-Soundbar-01-scaled.jpg

SEOUL, Dec. 17, 2021 — At CES 2022, LG Electronics (LG) will introduce a new lineup of audio products with diverse models offering premium performance, unique and stylish designs and exciting, new sound experiences all the while ensuring accurate, immersive sound for home cinema, music and gaming.

LG’s impressive audio lineup is spearheaded by the premium LG Soundbar (model S95QR), which boasts an output of 810W and 9.1.5 channels of pure surround sound immersion as a holistic high-end audio solution. With five up-firing channels including the world’s first center up-firing speaker – three on the soundbar and two in the separate rear speakers – to improve clarity and enlarge the soundstage for the ultimate in realism. The perfect choice for movie lovers looking to elevate their home cinema experience, the LG Soundbar’s center up-firing speaker delivers clearer dialogue and makes Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content even more immersive. And with IMAX Enhanced, users can enjoy stunning three-dimensional audio when watching compatible content.

LG S95QR features several key enhancements, most notably a boost in performance of the new speaker drivers, speaker chambers and subwoofer. The larger woofers deliver a more premium audio quality with deep, resonant bass emulating the immersive sound system of a cinema. For 2022, LG upgraded the wireless rear speakers of its premium soundbar setup from four channels to six, with four front/side drivers to accompany the two up-firing drivers. An improvement over other speakers in this space, the rear speakers of LG Soundbar are designed to distribute sound evenly across a wide 135-degree space, giving customers more speaker placement and angle flexibility, especially beneficial for smaller rooms.

The soundbar features a more sensitive receiver that allows for more distance between the soundbar and accompanying subwoofer and rear speakers without sacrificing sound quality. With a more stable wireless connection, the LG S95QR eliminates drops or lags in audio output for distraction-free viewing and listening. Thanks to the inclusion of Meridian Audio’s Horizon technology in Music Mode, the soundbar can up-mix two channel audio to 7.1-channels for more realistic acoustic surround sound.

A superb solution for gamers and music lovers, LG Soundbar features variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM), making this product a must-have for console gamers who demand that the onscreen action and the audio be in perfect sync.1 With support for high-quality music streaming services, LG’s soundbar makes listening to one’s personal playlists and favorite artists all the more pleasurable.

What’s more, LG S95QR offers an intuitive user experience when working with to Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and other AI assistants. Via smart devices, owners can effortlessly control streaming music, adjust volume and change sound modes and control streaming music, using only their voice. And now with the LG WOWCAST Wi-Fi audio dongle, listeners can enjoy lossless muti-channel audio without the hassle of running an unsightly cable to the TV. 2

When connected to a compatible LG TV, LG Soundbar takes advantage of the TV’s advanced AI Sound Pro feature to make all content sound clearer and more lifelike. Cross-compatibility allows LG TV owners to use one remote to control both the TV and the soundbar. And with enhanced AI Room Calibration, model S95QR can tailor its sound output to any given space, analyzing the dimensions of the room to deliver more accurate low-frequncy audio that is calibrated for maximum accuracy.

And again for 2022, the LG Soundbar lineup is designed with the environment in mind, with a lower carbon footprint throughout the entire product lifecycle. In addition to shipping in 100 percent paper packaging and using recycled plastic resin for its outer case, the new soundbar models utilize a new composite fiber material that is lighter in weight to cut carbon emissions during shipping and transporting. And due to their relatively modest power consumption, LG Soundbar products save energy during usage as well.

Starting January 4 (PST), visitors to LG’s virtual

link hidden, please login to view
can experience the latest audio innovations for today’s lifestyles. The interactive digital exhibit will feature LG’s full 2022 Soundbar lineup, XBOOM 360, UltraGear Gaming Speaker and the TONE Free lineup of true wireless earbuds including the CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning FP9 featuring UVnano case, Plug & Wireless, 3D Sound Stage and the one-of-a-kind Whispering Mode. Fans and followers can also keep up with LG’s latest announcements on social media by following #LGCES2022.

# # #

1 4K 120Hz HDR passthrough for gaming not supported.
2 LG WOWCAST sold separately.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By herebedragons69
      I purchased an LG 86" UT8050 4K UHD LED Smart TV (2024) from JBHIFI in Australia. The TV was wall-mounted and set up by a local installer. I discovered that my TV has Chromecast built-in. I tried casting music from Roon, but Chrome immediately crashed and the TV shutdown. I tried again and the audio was distorted. I shut down and tried again and the audio stuttered. I tried Chromecasting with Qobuz and Plex and got the same result on audio playing out to my Yamaha RX-V6A and the TV speakers. I then tried to play audio from the Plex App in the LG WebOS. That played fine, without any distortion.
      Thinking this might have been a result of a hurried setup (the installer did this job "on the run" I reset the TV to factory defaults and set it up again. Everything went smoothly. But the problem with Chromecast persists. First time launching Chromecast the app crashed and the TV shutdown. 2nd try I got distorted audio to the receiver and to the TV speakers. Audio and Video are fine on all other apps. I can see no other faults.
      I've been Googling this and not seeing much info other than a few threads where people are saying that the LG built-in Chromecast feature does not work. I saw that one person returned his TV and the replacement had the same issue with built-in Chromecast. Most discussions on this issue are hijacked by people using a Chromecast streamer or dongle as opposed to the built-in Chromecast. They often talk about turning off this or that specific Chromecast setting, settings that are not accessible with a TV with built in Chromecast
      In the WebOs when I look at connected source devices Chromecast is there with a "Chromecast Settings" option. The settings have only one option and that is opt-in on sending crash data to Google. Apparently, Google is not monitoring the issue very closely.
      I listen to mostly Hi-Res audio. I wonder if the issue is caused by the bitrate of 24-bit Hi Res flac files. I did notice that when I cast audio that was CD quality (16-bit), the distortion did not occur. This is weird though because in the past I have been able to cast 24-bit audio to Chromecast-enabled devices without any problems.
      My TV says my firmware is up to date. I did not see a prompt to install a firmware update during setup. I've set software and app updates to be automatic.
      Appreciate any help or even a "Hey, it's not just you, this is a known issue, I've got this problem too".

• By DW1
      Hello,

I recently purchased an LG C2 65" with WebOS and I find that sometimes I want to use multiview picture-in-picture to play a video game from an HDMI input, then watch youtube in a small window. It would be nice if I could also listen to the game audio along with the youtube audio. I am thinking it would be enough to have both audio sources combined and I could adjust the volume from the HDMI device. Ideally, it would have its own mixer to set the volumes of each but that is not needed initially. Also, I wish there were move options for moving the screen around. I really like how Firefox has their picture-in-picture mode where you can move it around the screen so dynamically and change the size by dragging the window. It is nice that it can be moved around the screen, and made smaller. And probably good to have those as default movements but maybe have an option to unlock full moving of the screen.
    • By News Reporter
      Designed for the Healthcare Sector, Company’s Latest Medical Monitor
      Provides Impressive Imaging and Convenient Features

SEOUL, Oct. 9, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is launching its new 31.5-inch surgical monitor (model 32HR734S) featuring advanced Mini LED display technology. Designed to provide color video displays of images from surgical endoscopes, laparoscopic camera systems and other compatible medical imaging systems, LG’s monitor has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. FDA, indicating it can now be sold in the U.S. The 32HR734S’s Mini LED technology enables precise brightness control and provides a wide color range, optimizing image clarity and color, making it an ideal choice for a variety of surgical applications, including laparoscopy and endoscopy.
      The 32HR734S features a 31.5-inch, 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160) Mini-LED display leveraging thousands of tiny LED diodes as the Back Light Unit (BLU). Delivering 2,000 cd/m² peak brightness and a dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1, LG’s medical monitor leverages 1,536 local dimming zones to produce clear, detailed images and enhanced visual contrast. The display also provides excellent color consistency across the screen and boasts 98 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space.
      In addition to its impressive visual performance, the 32HR734S delivers the durability and reliability necessary for surgical settings. Employing Optical Bonding technology, along with Anti-Glare, Anti-Reflection and Anti-Fingerprint coatings on its front, LG’s 32HR734S 4K surgical monitor ensures optimal visibility even in brightly lit operating rooms. What’s more, the front and rear of the product (IP45- and IP32-rated, respectively) offer excellent resistance to water and dust, preventing fluids or particles from disrupting monitor operation during surgeries.
      The 32HR734S is also the first LG surgical monitor to incorporate the innovative Clone Screen feature. Clone Screen allows users to duplicate the image being displayed on the 32HR734S on a second monitor (connected via HDMI), significantly enhancing operational efficiency and communication within the surgical environment, especially in situations where multiple medical professionals need to view the same image.
      For added versatility, the display’s Mirror Mode makes it possible to flip the on-screen image horizontally, while Rotation Mode can rotate the image 180 degrees to match the orientation of the surgical camera. The 32HR734S also provides Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) functionality, the latter allowing the display of up to four different image sources simultaneously. This enables medical staff to view a combination of inputs or images, such as laparoscopic and fluoroscopic images, while monitoring the patient’s vital signs at the same time.
      “Featuring advanced Mini LED technology, the 32HR734S delivers the excellent picture quality and convenient functionality needed in surgical settings,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “We believe our new model will significantly boost efficiency for medical professionals performing and assisting with surgeries.”
      Key Specifications:
      LG Surgical Monitor (32HR734S)
      Size 31.5-inch Backlight Technology Mini LED Screen Resolution 4K (3,840 x 2,160) Display Panel Type IPS Aspect Ratio 16:9 Surface Treatment Protection Glass (Optical Bonding, Anti-Reflection, Anti-Fingerprint, and Anti-Glare) Color Gamut (Typ.) DCI-P3 98% Brightness (Typ.) 800cd/m² Brightness (Stabilization)
      500cd/m² Peak Brightness (Typ.) 2000cd/m² Color Bit 10bit Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1,000:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)1
      5ms Features DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration LG Calibration Studio HDR HDR 10, HDR Effect Video Signals Input Terminals HDMI x 1, DisplayPort x 1, SDI (12G / 3G) x 4, DVI-D x 1 Output Terminals HDMI (Clone Screen) x 1, SDI (12G / 3G) x 4 Connectivity USB USB 3.0 1 Upstream, 1 Downstream Power AC Input 100-240Vac, 50/60Hz Power Consumption 130W (Max) / Less than 0.3W (DC Off) Durability IP Resistance Rating2 IP453 (Front), IP324 (Except for Front), IK065 User
      Convenience PBP Yes (2 / 3 / 4 PBP) PIP Yes Screen Flip Mirror Mode, Rotation Mode Failover Input Switch Yes Physical Specifications
      Weight 9.7 kg Wall Mount Size 200 x 100 / 100 x 100 mm # # #
      1 GtG: Gray-to-gray response time.
      2 Tested under controlled laboratory conditions with an IP/ IK rating. Dry before using. Do not charge while wet.
      3 IP45: Protected against solid foreign objects of 1.0 mm and greater / Protected against access to hazardous parts with a wire / Protected against water jets.
      4 IP32: Protected against solid foreign objects of 2.5 mm and greater / Protected against access to hazardous parts with a tool / Protected against vertically falling water drops when enclosure tilted up to 15°.
      5 IK06: Protected against 1-joule impacts.
      *Specifications may vary by region and all features, standards, and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By starwoodtech
      I have a 65 Inch LG OLED evo AI C4 4K Smart TV 2024 - Model OLED65C4PUA.ACC. here have been a many weird things happening. This is one of them:
      Whenever I turn on my TV, it doesn't remember the audio settings I chose before. I repeatedly need to set my audio for the input I am using. I ofter select APPLY TO ALL INPUTS to try and make sure it's the same regardless of which input I use, but it still reverts all changes.
      Does anyone know what this happens?