Quantcast

New OLED65G1 DLNA client much slower than DLNA client on OLED55B6T

Nick Payne

Question

I run a media server using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi (several thousand files just organised by folder structure), and I use the DLNA client built into WebOS to play the files from the server. For the past five years I've had an LG OLED55B6T, and due to a bit of burn-in on the screen, I've just replaced it with an OLED65G1PTA. One thing I notice with the new set is that it's much slower to navigate through the folder structure on the media server to get to the file I want to play. The difference seems to be that the DLNA client on the old TV just shows folders with a generic folder icon, whereas the new one wants to thumbnail each folder that's visible on the screen before it will allow me to continue. I haven't found anything in the settings to stop this behaviour - you can choose to display the folders as a grid or list, but either way it still tries to thumbnail each folder.

As an experiment I installed Kodi on a Chromecast with Google TV that I have attached to the new set, as it can also act as a DLNA client, and it is also much faster to navigate through the folder structure on the media server. However, it has the drawback that if I stop watching a video part way through, it doesn't remember the point I was up to when I restart watching, whereas the client in the TV does.

Any suggestions on a possible fix for speeding up the navigation?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By delos
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new here, so first of all, hello I'm delos.
      I own two LG OLED55G19 TVs, one at home and one elsewhere. At home, I have a QNAP NAS (TS451) with DLNA functionality. Accessing it at home works great.
      The "Home" and "External" networks are connected via VPN. Thus, both networks have different network addresses.
      Now I want to access the home network from the external network with the LG via VPN in order to integrate the DLNA server. The LG doesn't "see" the external server because it's not in the same network. However, I wonder why you can't just enter the IP address of the server in the LG.
      Does anyone have a solution?

Many greetings
      delos
    • By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By next 0815
      A satip / sat>ip / sat over ip client software or app available for a beamer with WebOS like LG Largo or the newly announced LG Andante would add significant value.
      Networkcable and power thats all you Need to get acces to all chaines your satip / sat>ip / sat over ip Server provides

What is blocking to provide a little piece of Software?

• By Marcelo
      I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in link hidden, please login to view, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?