Quantcast

No cable or SAT TV

Since the future for TV is not any more cable or SAT TV and many people are moving to IP based TV provider I'm a little bit confused that a smart TV is not giving the possibility to start the TV with an ip based TV app and always falling back to old fashioned systems whenever you stop Netflix, start the system, pushing the guide button on the remote control and whatsoever. SMART would give the possibility to choose whatever you want 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful
    • By Jan Wijnands
      Before OS update 03.20.70 I could stream movies, watch photo's and listen music from my Synology NAS DS216J via SMB.
      Now this is not possible anymore! It says "No Files". Who can help??
    • By News Reporter
      Becoming more sustainable means a commitment to using fewer resources, creating less waste, and doing everything possible to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. LG Electronics embraces this challenge and continues to take steps to reduce its environmental impact through an extensive program of ESG management. Along with its ambitious Zero Carbon 2030 initiative and goal to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050, LG offers innovative solutions that can help consumers to live more in balance with nature today.

LG recently had an opportunity to demonstrate its eco-conscious exhibit for its state-of-the art HVAC solutions at Korea Energy Show 2021, South Korea’s largest annual energy exhibition. Instead of wasting new resources on a temporary exhibit, LG used prefabricated shipping containers and adopted recycled materials such as wood waste to create a unique, visually interesting space.

Exhibiting a complete range of highly efficient LG HVAC solutions suitable for homes, offices, schools as well as other indoor environments, the highlight of the exhibit was a new commercial air conditioner made more efficient via an AI engine.

LG’s latest HVAC solutions leverage smart technologies to help create better indoor air quality while simultaneously cutting energy consumption. LG’s ceiling-mounted 1 Way Cassette with comprehensive air purification system cleans, cools and heats the air to keep the home comfortable all year around.

Other LG innovations on exhibit at the show included the LG Energy Storage System (ESS) and Building Energy Control (BECON), a powerful duo that together create a total energy management solution for businesses. Also on display was the LG 4-Way DUAL Vane Cassette which employs UVnano technology and an antibacterial drain pan to enhance the hygiene of the unit and the airflow produced.1
      LG showcased its first GHP Hybrid Heat Pump system air conditioner, a cost-effective option for educational and governmental facilities. LG’s hybrid solution combines the advantages of electric- and gas-powered climate control systems to deliver superb performance while reducing the cost of cooling and heating.2

To further minimizing its footprint, LG moved to using recycled materials for the packaging of the outdoor units of its system air conditioners. Instead of using expanded polystyrene in its packaging, LG opted for expanded polypropylene as it offers improved cushioning and protection for its products. LG estimates that switching to reusable expanded polypropylene for all its AC packaging will cut its annual paper usage by 85 tons and polystyrene usage by 19 tons.

After the conclusion of Korea Energy Show 2021, LG donated the exhibition containers to Habitat Korea, the South Korean branch of the global nonprofit Habitat for Humanity. The repurposed containers will be utilized by the organization as a dedicated education center.
      As LG’s efficient, eco-responsible HVAC solutions demonstrate, creating a healthy, comfortable indoor environment doesn’t have to come at the expense of sustainability. With innovations that carefully consider the needs of its customers and the well-being of the planet, LG is helping to bring about a
      # # #
      1 Testing conducted by FITI Testing and Research Institute verified the LG DUAL Vane Cassette resulted in the reduction of 99 percent of Staphylococcus bacteria and colon bacillus.
      2 Based on cooling/heating load of 52HP (GHP 32HP and Multi V 20HP) and the proper energy source (electricity or gas), the LG GHP Hybrid Heat Pump can save up to 28 percent of the energy cost (electricity and gas combined) compared to the energy cost of using Multi V alone. Operation cost may vary depending on load conditions, climate and other environmental factors.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Azrina
      Dear sir,
      we just subscribe tm unify, we try find [email protected] app in LG smart tv. Unfortunately the app no in LG store. I try update still can not. How can you help to add the app.  I very appreciate if your side can help. Thank you
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Clive
      Hi All, I've been using a satellite set top box to receive Intelsat, UK TV. Realised the TV has satellite input so connected my dish cable directly into the TV sat input and  I can get to the point where I can see all the UK TV channels but every one is black, no picture or sound. I'm assuming there is an extra step in the setup but can't work out what to do. Can anyone advise what I need to do, is it even possible? Or is there an additional app that I can download? Thanks!
    • By NicZ
      Dear all,
      I really need to verify my understanding on how the whole Record / Play and Live TV works.
      I own  a brand new OLED 65GX6LA TV of which I am very satisfied with picture quality and all but...
      I have noticed that when I am watching a program that I am recording and use Time machine to go back to some past bits, when the record has finished I am kicked out of my viewing and I need to go back to the list of recordings to start again and then I need to look for the place where I was. Additionally I can't record a program from the satellite tuner and watch from the terrestrial Tuner (or viceversa) even though they are separate tuners.
      To me it looks that the current Record / Play and Pause Live TV functionality has been implemented using a single memory buffer which doesn't allow any of the above.
      Is my assumption correct or is there anything that I haven't done in my set up that makes it so limiting?
      Many thanks,  Nic.
    • By Charles Chidiac
      Hi there,
      Is there any way to show favorite channels list on iptv smarters app for LG tv ?
      It appears in the android version of the app on my phone, but not in the webos on tv !
      Thank you for your help.
    • By 51.sqn
      Hi All,
      Has anyone had a recent update of the OS on their TV to 4.7.050204 (goldilocks2-gulaga) ?
      The reason I ask is that the IPTV channels on my TV seem to have borked these channels as I now get "Invalid Service"
      floating across the screen. I'm pretty sure these channels worked before the update.
      I'm referring to channels such as Now 90's, Planect Knowledge, The Sports Channel Network etc. So these are NOT APPS but
      TV Channels showing up on the guide and still show the programme details.

This TV is only a week old, and I think I'm going to be bounced between the retailer and LG as it seems to be a software issue.
      Does anyone have similar experiences and have you resolved the issue ?
      TIA
      51.sqn